• Parent Photo Identification:
It’s important that we can verify the identification of those requesting to enroll their child in Columbus City Schools. Please be prepared to show photo identification at the time of your visit.
• Verification of Student Identification (must present any one of the following items)
Student Birth Certificate (verification of birth issued by Ohio or a comparable certification issued by another state, territory, possession or nation). If the child’s parent/guardian needs to obtain a birth certificate, they may call the Bureau of Vital Statistics at 645-7331. Please note that any student who may be interested in participating in interscholastic athletics must have proof of age certified via a birth certificate. No other proof of age is acceptable to the Ohio High School Athletic Association.
- Passport or attested transcript of a passport filed with the registrar of passports showing the date and place of birth of the child
- Attested/certified transcript of the certificate of birth; attested/certified transcript of the certificate of baptism or other religious record showing the date and place of birth of the child
• Proof of Custody/Guardianship (if other than biological/residential parent)
- An attested/certified transcript of a hospital record showing the date and place of birth of the child; or a birth affidavit.
Custody Document - Certified copy of a judge’s order or decree or modification of such order allocating parental rights and responsibilities and designating a residential parent and legal custodian of the child (if applicable).
• Address Verification (must present any one of the following items):
- A recent utility bill (gas, electric or water) in the parent/guardian's name. (Phone or cable bills are not acceptable).
- A current lease agreement with parent/guardian's name. Name and phone number of the landlord must be provided in order to verify the lease.
- Two most-recent employment checks with the parent/guardian's name and address.
- Most recent check stub, received from the Department of Human Services or Social Security, addressed to the parent.
- Statement from the Department of Human Services or Social Security, on letterhead, indicating the address used by the parent for receipt of checks. Even if the parent has checks delivered to a post office box, the caseworker may be able to provide verification of an address for the parent, on the agency’s letterhead.
- Statement from the Personnel Office of parent's employer, on letterhead, indicating the address used by parent for employment purposes and for submission of Internal Revenue Service (IRS) W-2 forms.
• Immunization Record (Shot Record)
- Change of custody forms on Franklin County Children Services (FCCS) letterhead or court documents indicating a change of custodial parent (and address). These must be filed with the Division of the Registrar prior to the child being enrolled in your school. If the child is already enrolled and will continue current assignment, the new custodial parent will need to go to the Division of the Registrar Office to file paperwork.
To assure that all schools provide safe and healthy learning environments, the Ohio Department of Health requires all students be immunized upon enrollment. Contact your child’s healthcare provider to make sure vaccinations are up-to date for school entry. If you need assistance with immunizations, please contact the school nurse or Columbus Public Health Immunization Clinic at 614-645-7945. Click Here for a printable school vaccination flyer from the Ohio Department of Health.
• Withdrawal Papers or Last Grade Card or transcript from prior school (if applicable)
• Individualized Education Program (IEP), Evaluation Team Report (ETR) or 504 Plan (if applicable)
• Proof of Negative TB results (skin test or X-ray)
Students who were born in another country or have traveled out of the country for 32 days or more may need proof of negative TB test. Please speak to the nurse before making your appointment if you don't have proof of a negative TB test.
• Income Verification (For Pre-Kindergarten Parents Only)