Columbus City Schools extended the Fitness for Life curriculum to elementary and middle school. Both the middle and high School Fitness for Life books feature;
- Highly respected authors
- Content that meets national and state educational standards
- Careful integration with other subject areas
- Content coordinated perfectly between middle school and high school
- A focus on lifelong activity and fitness
- Thorough coverage of important concepts and self- management skills
- An emphasis on diversity and social responsibility
- Comprehensive lesson plans and ancillaries
Fitness for Life provides the materials needed to implement a school wide Wellness Week every nine weeks to focus extra attention on nutrition and physical activity. This curriculum enables the school to continue to have physical activity on the days the physical educator is at another school.
- Classroom activity breaks using teacher –friendly DVD videos and lesson plans from the classroom guides.
- School wide nutrition events that also involve the participation of the school cafeteria
- Wellness Week physical education lesson plans and activities
- School signs promoting wellness which can be posted throughout the school
- Get Fit Fridays –school wide nutrition activities.