(For a full-time transfer to a COLUMBUS CITY SCHOOL from another school district)
General Eligibility for Application
- Only those students who would like to be enrolled full-time in grades K-12 in a Columbus City School (CCS) are eligible to apply for Interdistrict Open Enrollment (IOE). Part-time students are not eligible for IOE placement.
- Students must be 5 years of age before October 1 to apply for IOE kindergarten.
- The residence of the custodial parent/guardian must be located outside of the boundaries of the CCS district.
- Students who were suspended or expelled for 10 or more consecutive days during the previous school year are ineligible to apply for admission through IOE for the upcoming school yea
- Columbus City School residents take top priority for placement.
- If a waitlist for any specific school and grade is clear of all CCS residents, the order of priority for additional placements will be:
- CCS Employees’ children;
- Returning IOE applicants;
- Then new IOE applicants.
Most IOE placements occur in the summer, or in August after the administrators return from summer break.
Families interested in applying for Interdistrict Open Enrollment for the 2018-19 school year, must apply via the Infinite Campus Parent Portal. For students not currently enrolled, parents must complete the enrollment process in order to receive their access code for the Parent Portal. Completing the enrollment process does not guarantee an IOE placement.