(For a full-time transfer to a COLUMBUS CITY SCHOOL from another school district)
General Eligibility for Application
- Only those students who would like to be enrolled full-time in grades K-12 in a Columbus City School (CCS) are eligible to apply for Interdistrict Open Enrollment (IOE). Part-time students are not eligible for IOE placement.
- Students must be 5 years of age before October 1 to apply for IOE kindergarten.
- The residence of the custodial parent/guardian must be located outside of the boundaries of the CCS district.
- Students who were suspended or expelled for 10 or more consecutive days during the previous school year are ineligible to apply for admission through IOE for the upcoming school yea
- Columbus City School residents take top priority for placement.
- If a waitlist for any specific school and grade is clear of all CCS residents, the order of priority for additional placements will be:
- CCS Employees’ children;
- Returning IOE applicants;
- Then new IOE applicants.
Most IOE placements occur in the summer, or in August after the administrators return from summer break.