Please check back to this page in the fall of 2017. The following topics will be inserted into the new 7th grade Physical Education and Wellness Course:
- The nutritive value of foods, including natural and organically produced foods, the relation of nutrition to health, and the use and effects of food additives:
- The harmful effects of and legal restrictions against the use of drugs of abuse, alcoholic beverages, and tobacco:
- Sexually transmitted disease education, except that upon written request of the student's parent or guardian, a student shall be excused from taking instruction in sexually transmitted disease education:
- Dating Violence Prevention. Which includes instruction in recognizing dating violence warning signs and characteristics of healthy relationships:
- Prescription opioid abuse prevention with an emphasis on the prescription drug epidemic and the connection between prescription opioid abuse and addition to other drugs such as heroin.