The Parent Connection includes questions that can help you prepare your student for Ohio’s State Assessment in reading. The passage used in the Parent Connection is the same text that is used in the problem of the day activities taught in class. This will help reinforce reading and rereading to find evidence in the text.
Questions to ask your child:
- Why is this answer choice the best answer?
- What answer choice confuses you?
- What strategy did you use to determine the answer?
- What evidence in the passage supports your answer?
- Let’s try this week’s test-taking strategy, how did this strategy help you?
- How did the test-taking strategy help you locate evidence in the text?
- How did the test-taking strategy help you focus on what you were reading?