Important School Choice/Lottery Dates
Picking the correct school for your child is an important decision. Columbus City Schools encourages every parent who is considering using the School Choice Lottery process to research the schools before applying. One easy way you do this is to attend a School Choice Fair where all District schools will be represented. The details for the 2016 School Choice Fairs are listed below.
- High School Choice Fair - Thursday, January 7
- Elementary/Middle School Choice Fair - Thursday, February 11
Both Fairs will be held at East High School, 1500 E. Broad St., from 6 - 7:30 p.m.
Get a printable flyer with details HERE.
School Choice Applications will be available in February (High Schools) and March (Elementary/Middle Schools).
Application must be submitted to the School Choice Division during the following dates in order to be part of the automated lottery draw.
- High School Application - February 1, 2016 through February 26, 2016
- Elementary and Middle School Application - March 1, 2016 through March 31, 2016
Additional important dates:
- Selective Admissions Application - January 11, 2016 through January 29, 2016
- Request to Return to Home School Application - January 4, 2016 through March 18, 2016
Request to Return to Home School Form
Columbus City School students who are not currently enrolled in their home school and wish to be transferred to their home school for the 2016-2017 school year must complete and submit the Request to Return to Home School form by March 18, 2016.
This form will be available January 4, 2016.