Grade 3 Economics Lessons
- Everyday Opportunities - In this lesson, students will learn about choices and opportunity costs that occur every day.
- Jelly Belly Jam - In this lesson students will make a decision making chart and use it to help them in deciding which flavor of Jelly beans to buy.
- To Market to Market - This lesson will help students become good consumers and producers by taking turns buying and selling things in a classroom-created market.
- Uncle Jed's Barbershop - Students listen to the book Uncle Jed’s Barbershop and learn about saving, savings goals, opportunity cost, and segregation. Students participate in a card game to further investigate what it takes to reach a savings goal.
- Money Comes and Goes - Students read two online stories that introduce them to the elements of a budget and show that a successful budget balances money coming in (income) with money going out (expenses and savings).