When should my child stay home?
Columbus City Schools want every child to learn and be successful. School attendance is linked to learning. However, there are times when your child may be ill and should stay at home until he/she feels better or is no longer contagious to others. Below are some guidelines to help you determine when your child should stay home.
- Temperature above 100° by mouth
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- Shortness of breath or wheezing during normal activity
- Cough that interrupts normal activity
- Pain from earache, sore throat, or recent injury
- Yellow or green drainage from eye(s)
- Rash or draining sores