PBIS Champion Middle School Virtual Norms
Student Virtual Norms and Expectations:
- Log within 5-10 minutes of virtual class time. (teacher expectation may be slightly different).
- Students must show themselves during class time. Student’s should remain attentive during virtual class time. Student’s should not be laying down during class time.
- Student’s should remain on mute unless asked to engage in a learning conversation.
- Student’s should request permission to remove themselves from the virtual class session.
- Students should exemplify ROAR during the class session. Respect, Ownership, Accountability, Restore.
- Student’s should use their own log in and should not share their virtual log in with anyone.
- Only the student on the class roster can participate in the virtual classroom session.
- Students cannot record, photograph, or post any virtual classroom session on social media.
Student Dress Code during virtual class session:
- Student should be fully dressed during virtual class session (tops and bottoms)
- No tank tops
- No spaghetti strap tops
- No logos or inappropriate language on clothing
- Parents cannot participate in the live virtual classroom session.
- Only students on the classroom roster can participate in the virtual class session.
- Parents cannot record, photograph, or post any virtual classroom session on social media.
- Parents that have questions or concerns will set up a separate time to speak with teachers via email, or by phone.
- Parents will be contacted for a conference if a student is not meeting virtual class expectations.
Steps for virtual discipline if student is having challenging behavior:
- Teachers will conference with student after virtual session.
- Students will be referred to Ms. Gardener or Mr. Alexander to work on restorative practice.
- Teachers will contact parent/guardian for a parent, teacher conference regarding student behavior.
- Student and parent will meet with administrative team regarding student behavior.
** If a student must be removed from any virtual learning session due to behavior an email will be sent to the parent and the administrative team immediately after the virtual learning session**