Updated Safety & Security Protocols: Winter Athletics Events
The safety and well-being of our entire CCS family is one of our highest priorities, and to remain proactive in addressing potential concerns, the District is introducing enhanced security measures for all upcoming middle and high school athletic events.
Effective immediately, the following new screening measure will be implemented for students, families, and guests attending CCS sporting events:
- All CCS athletic events through the end of December will be limited to family members of participating students (i.e. players, members of the band, and cheer teams) and enrolled students from the participating schools.
- All guests are subject to screening by CCS Safety & Security members and staff, including the use of handheld metal detector wands.
- We reserve the right to inspect all items entering our facilities.
- Bags or purses are not permitted. Wallets and wristlets no larger than 5 in. x 8 in. will be allowed. All items entering venues will be subject to inspection.
- CCS has a zero-tolerance policy for weapons, alcohol, and tobacco products, and these items are not permitted on campus.
ENTRY & EXIT:
- Once a guest exits the event, re-entry will not be allowed without the purchase of a new ticket and rescreening by security staff.
MASKS & COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS:
- Masks are required for all guests attending games, and the District will continue following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Protection, the Ohio Department of Health, and Columbus Public Health. Learn more about the District’s COVID-19 protocols here.
In the event of rising safety concerns, limited spectator tickets may continue to ensure the safety of students, families, and guests attending all CCS athletic events.
Will all guests be screened before entering CCS athletic venues?
Is there a bag protocol, and will bags be searched?
What type of items are not allowed at games and events?
Will I be allowed to exit and re-enter the venue during games and events?
Will the District limit tickets in the event of safety concerns?
What COVID-19 protocols will be in place?