School Social Work
The link between home, school, and community
Who are CCS School Social Workers?
As licensed mental health professionals with a Master’s degree in social work, school social workers provide services related to a person's social, emotional and life adjustment to school and/or society. SSWs provide a focused reach to support all students specifically in areas of social-emotional learning and mental health needs, and are uniquely trained to integrate the school, community, and family context into interventions and resource referrals. School social work interventions reduce barriers to learning, enabling students to be physically, mentally, and emotionally present and ready to learn in the classroom.
School Social Workers Assist With:
- Mental Health Concerns
- Behavior Concerns
- Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports
- Classroom Support
- Teacher, Parent, Administrator Consultation
- Individual and Group Counseling
- Suicidal and Homicidal Risk Assessments
- Student Engagement and Re-entry Support
- Linkage to Community and Mental Health Resources
- Home visits