Innovation & Reform Committee
The purpose of the Innovation and Reform Committee of the Columbus City Schools Board of Education shall be to assist the Board in fulfilling its responsibility to provide oversight and governance.
Innovation & Reform Committee Charter
The overarching goals of the Innovation and Reform Committee include:
- Serve as the strategic committee to collect, analyze and recommend Board policies that embrace innovative practices that ultimately increases the effectiveness of governance;
- Pool together emerging trends, best practices and data gathered from professional development, state and national conferences, board seminars and educational workshops in order to determine feasibility of implementation in the Columbus City School District;
- Leverage and extend the benefits and resource support of our membership organizations (i.e. Ohio School Board Association, Council of Great City Schools) to generate new ideas;
- Stay abreast of current and emerging academic reform movements and recommend implementation of the most relevant policies to improve leadership, governance, academic progress and operational processes in a large urban district;
- Assume responsibility for the compilation of recommendations and data from other board committees and presentations to the board; and
- Develop an ongoing, two-way dialogue between the board and innovative, educational thought leaders and establish on-going systems to receive, review and recommend new plans of action that help students succeed.
The Innovation and Reform Committee's regular meetings are scheduled for the second Tuesday of each month, unless otherwise noted (*).
- February 12, 2019
- March 12, 2019
- April 9, 2019
- May 14, 2019 (meeting will end at 6:30 p.m.)
- June 11, 2019
All meetings will take place from 5:30-7:00 pm at the Columbus Education Center Assembly Room.