Innovation and Reform Committee Application
The Innovation and Reform Committee’s charge/purpose is to:
- Serve as the strategic committee to collect, analyze and recommend Board of policies that embrace innovative practices that ultimately increases the effectiveness of governance;
- Pool together emerging trends, best practices and data gathered from professional development, state and national conferences, board seminars and educational workshops in order to determine feasibility of implementation in the Columbus City School District;
- Leverage and extend the benefits and resource support of our membership organizations (i.e. Ohio School Board Association, Council of Great City Schools) to generate new ideas;
- Stay abreast of current and emerging academic reform movements and recommend implementation of the most relevant policies to improve leadership, governance, academic progress and operational processes in a large urban district;
- Assume responsibility for the compilation of recommendations and data from other board committees and presentations to the Board of Education; and
- Develop an ongoing, two-way dialogue between the Board and innovative, educational thought leaders and establish on-going systems to receive, review and recommend new plans of action that help students succeed.
Innovation and Reform Committee Meetings are usually held on Tuesday evenings between 5:30-7:00pm.
Please submit your application by Friday, September 29, 2017. You will receive a decision by Friday, October 6. The first meeting of the committee this year will be held on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at Champion Middle School. It is our hope that the new members will attend the first meeting on October 10.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. John Stanford, 614-365-5777 or email@example.com
** Please note that the information that you provide in this application is public information under Ohio’s public records law.