College Credit Plus (CCP)
College Credit Plus is a dual enrollment program that allows all college-ready students in grades 7-12 who qualify to begin earning college credit hours before graduating from high school. The purpose of this program is to promote rigorous academic pursuits and to provide a wide variety of options to college-ready students.
College Credit Plus Meeting Info
Who Can Participate?
- If you are a student in grades 7-12 you can apply for College Credit Plus admission to a public or participating private college.
- There is NO minimum GPA requirement.
- The college will admit you based on your college-readiness in one or more subject areas and according to their specific admission procedures and criteria. This may include certain scores on entrance tests.
What are the benefits of taking College Credit Plus courses?
- College Credit Plus provides more options to pursue rigorous academic coursework beyond the high school classroom.
- Under College Credit Plus, CCS students can complete their freshman year of college or more.
- Earning college credits while in high school can reduce the time and costs of attending college after high school.
- Provides students an opportunity to gain the confidence they need to be successful in post-secondary education.
- Grades are weighted for Columbus City Schools GPA and rank.
What are the risks of taking College Credit Plus courses?
- College coursework is more rigorous than high school.
- Pace is much faster – students will cover similar content as a year-long AP class in a 15 week semester.
- College faculty expect more work to be done outside of the classroom.
- Financial Risk - CCP legislation states the school districts may require families to re-pay the cost of tuition and books for students who fail courses or withdraw from /drop courses after the 14th calendar day that the course begins. Please see the document below for more information. College Credit Plus Tuition Reimbursement Policy
College Credit Plus 2019-2020 Informational Meetings
The College Credit Plus 2019-2020 Informational Meetings are scheduled for the following dates:
- Thursday, November 21, 2019: Centennial High School from 6:30-8:00pm
- Thursday, January 9, 2020: Eastmoor Academy from 6:30-8:00pm
- Wednesday, January 22, 2020: Otterbein University - The Point located at 60 Collegeview Rd Westerville, 43081 from 6:30-8:00pm
College Credit Plus Courses Offered in Columbus City High Schools
Click on the link below for a list of the College Credit Plus Courses that have been or are being offered in high schools around the district.
If you are interested in participating in College Credit Plus for the 2020-2021 school year, it is necessary that you first meet with your school counselor to discuss your educational options. You then must attend a Columbus City School's College Credit Plus Informational Meeting OR arrange a separate College Credit Plus counseling session with your school counselor prior to program participation. Lastly, a Letter of Intent to Participate must be on file with your counselor by April 1, 2020.
- April 1, 2020 - Letter of Intent to Participate must be on file with your school counselor.
Additional Resource Links