College Credit Plus (CCP)
Whetstone is proud to have a strong College Credit Plus program. We support students to take courses through local universities either on the university campus or in our school building. Currently, Whetstone HS offers the following courses at our school: Information Technology/ Computer Science, American Sign Language, Psychology, Sociology and American History. (All courses are subject to change. We are looking at adding additional courses for CCP as well.) All courses in the Whetstone building are through Columbus State Community College.
Students attend the following schools for off- campus classes: The Ohio State University, Columbus State Community College, Capital University, Otterbein University, and others are possible.
General Steps to College Credit Plus (CCP)
1) Attend a required meeting to go over rules and regulations of College Credit Plus.
2) Complete the Letter of Intent prior to April, 1.
3) Complete the application for the universities you intend on applying to. (See attachments)
4) Complete required tests. All universities have different rules on eligibility. It may require the ACT or SAT (OSU, CSCC, OU, CU) or Accuplacer and ALEKS (CSCC)
5) Register for courses that students are eligible for.
6) ALL UNIVERSITIES HAVE THEIR OWN REQUIREMENTS. PLEASE CHECK WITH INDIVIDUAL SCHOOLS.
Need more support?
Contact your students School Counselor.