Fresh air and exercise are important for your physical and mental health. Consider biking, walking or jogging, but avoid doing group activities; contact activities such as basketball or football should be played only with immediate family members. Taking your children or dogs for a walk around the block is safe in less dense areas. Only do outdoor activities with the people in your household and stay 6 feet away from neighbors or others in public areas. It is safe to go to parks that offer enough space for social distancing (staying 6 ft. from other individuals at all times). Visiting crowded parks is not recommended and no one should use playground equipment, it is prohibited because the virus can live on surfaces and be transmitted.
In places where there are no restrictions on the use of local parks, trails, and open spaces, we encourage all users to follow these recommendations:
- Refrain from using parks or trails if they are exhibiting symptoms.
- Follow CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to and during the use of parks or trails.
- Prepare for limited access to public restrooms or water fountains.
- While on trails, warn other users of their presence and as you pass, and step aside to let others pass.
- Follow CDC guidance on the recommended size of social gatherings including outdoor picnicking, pick-up sports and other group hangouts, and maintain proper physical distance at all times.
- Observe CDC’s minimum recommended social distancing of 6 feet from other individuals at all times. If this is not possible, users should find an alternate location or depart that space.
- Consult their local and state ordinances and guidelines for the most up to date recommendations on park and trail use.
CCS Wellness Portal
The CCS Wellness Portal has a wide variety of fitness videos that you can do from the comfort of your own desk or home! In addition to exercise classes, the Wellness Portal also offers videos, articles, and online courses that cover prevention, chronic disease management, healthy eating and more! To access the wellness portal classes, follow the instructions below:
(2) Click on the SEARCH tab at the top of the wellness portal page.
(3) Scroll down the digital library to view FITNESS courses.
For login issues or troubleshooting, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth Yoga Project
Youth Yoga Project is here to support you, your family, and your students during these uncertain times.
Trying to navigate our emotions during the coronavirus outbreak is difficult. Yoga and mindfulness can help. Our mission has always been to provide access to quality yoga and mindfulness, and we will continue to do that. We are working hard to create online yoga classes that students and families can complete at home together. Check our YouTube channel for free online yoga classes that you can use at home.
Our videos are being shared for FREE, and we hope you will share them widely. We have also included a link below to download a FREE guided visualization script that you can read to your students or children to help them relieve stress and anxiety.
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD FREE GUIDED VISUALIZATION SCRIPT
As a non-profit organization, Youth Yoga Project relies on the generosity of our community to help bring access to yoga + mindfulness to kids. If you are able to give a donation for practicing with our videos it would help YYP to continue to fulfill our mission. You can support us in the following ways:
1. Donate at: https://www.youthyogaproject.net/donate
2. Send PayPal to email@example.com
3. Purchase something on our online store
We are also offering a 20% discount on all our instructional materials through April 27 to support your home yoga practice. Enter the code YOGAATHOME at checkout to receive your discount!
We look forward to seeing you all in person soon. Until then, let us know how we can continue to support your well-being during this time.
Lauren + Julia
Now, free to all YMCA members for a limited time, you can take group exercise classes right in your own home! You can now find some of your favorite classes on YouTube. With several classes available ranging from eight to thirty minutes, we know you'll find a class you love. Click on the link to check out the YMCA offerings: https://ymcacolumbus.org/workout-home
MORE AT- HOME WORKOUTS
For more exercises you can do at home, check out the links below:
- Fitness Blender https://www.fitnessblender.com/workouts-programs
- Planet Fitness's Home Work In: https://www.youtube.com/user/planetfitnessnh
- PELOTON DIGITAL 90 day free trial: https://www.onepeloton.com/app
- SELF Magazine Workouts: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7Ax6CP9_hgP2jLYSO8sJEw-HANHHJcUJ
- Yoga with Adrienne https://yogawithadriene.com/free-yoga-videos/