Serving as a Family Ambassador
Columbus City Schools is looking for caring adults who want to serve as Family Ambassadors.
The Columbus City Schools Department of Communications & Engagement is currently seeking parents, grandparents, former teachers, and caring community members with a heart for service to become a Family Ambassadors.
What is a Family Ambassador? Our dedicated Family Ambassadors:
(1) serve as liaisons between school and home, facilitating a partnership in support of student academic achievements. [Learning at Home]
(2) coach and mentors families on how to be engaged members of the academic team. [Relationships with Families]
(3) advise and train families on how to address issues and advocate on behalf of their children’s education. [Decision Making & Advocacy]
(4) connect families to community-based services, school counselors, and/or social workers. [Community Collaboration]
(5) expand volunteer opportunities. [Volunteering]
(6) maintain open communications with families regarding important school information (i.e. email, family bulletin board, newsletter, etc.). [Effective Communication]
Stipend, Time Commitment, and Expectations:
· $25 dollars per hour
· Up to 20 hours per week
· Training on family engagement and technology tools (Smore newsletters)
Click here to submit your application today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Required Background Check
(THIS IS ONLY FOR CANDIDATES WHO ARE SELECTED TO SERVE AS FAMILY AMBASSADORS)
All Family Ambassadors undergo a background check. If you are selected to serve as a Family Ambassador and need to be fingerprinted, our Human Resources can assist.
You must make an appointment to visit our customer service location at 3700 South High Street. Candidates who are selected to serve as Family Ambassadors will be sent a link to make a fingerprinting/badge appointment.
If you are having fingerprints done, check here to download the fingerprinting form to bring to your appointment.
Documents for Principals
For the 2021-2022 school year, the Superintendent has set an expectation that all buildings will have at least one Family Ambassador to help support Family Engagement goals.
As part of the selection process, below are the documents principals and Family Ambassadors need to complete:
Please return all forms listed below to:
Regions 1, 2, & 3: Gherima Woldemariam- email@example.com
Regions 4, 5, & 6: Seneca Bing- firstname.lastname@example.org