Serving as a Family Ambassador
The Family Ambassador position can be filled by a family member in the Columbus City School District OR a member of the community who will carry out the following roles and responsibilities.
The Family Ambassador:
(1) serves as a liaison between school and home, facilitating a partnership in support of student academic achievements.
(2) coaches and mentors’ families on how to be engaged members of the academic team;
(3) advises and trains families to address issues and to advocate on behalf of their child’s education.
(4) connects families to community-based services, school counselor and/or social worker; (5) expands volunteer opportunities.
(6) maintains open communication with families regarding important school information (i.e. email, family bulletin board, newsletter, etc.).
(7) maintains a family resource center (where applicable).
Required Background Check
All Family Ambassadors undergo a background check. If you are a Family Ambassador and need to be fingerprinted, our Human Resources can assist.
Please note that face-to-face operations are on an appointment-only basis to protect current and future staff by adhering to health and safety guidelines for COVID-19. Human Resources are utilizing a new customer service location at 3700 South High Street. Click here to make a fingerprinting or badge appointment.
If you are having fingerprints done, check here to download the fingerprinting form to bring to your appointment.
Documents for Principals
The Superintendent has set an expectation that all buildings will have a Family Ambassador to help support Family Engagement goals as identified in the School Improvement Plan.
As part of the selection process, below are the documents principals and Family Ambassadors need to complete:
Please return all forms listed below to:
Regions 1 & 2 Gherima Woldemariam- email@example.com
Regions 3 & 4 Lisa D. German- firstname.lastname@example.org
Regions 5 & 6 Seneca Bing- email@example.com