I Know I Can team joined local scholarship providers to launch our District’s annual College Scholarship Workshops. Here are some of the offerings that our graduates in the Class of 2021 are eligible for:
- Start with Free FAFSA Help. In order to be eligible for many of these scholars and for financial aid, families must first complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Talk to your school counselor or an IKIC Advisor for more help. I Know I Can offers FREE workshops to help families complete the FAFSA.
- Save Smart is a college savings incentive program. Participants in the program have a matched savings account that can earn as much as $4 for every $1 saved.
- I Know I Can Founders’ Scholarship is available to eligible Columbus City Schools seniors enrolling in a full-time, 4-year baccalaureate program at an accredited college. Worth up to $10,000 and can be renewed for up to 4 years.
- I Know I Can Dream Big Scholarship is available to eligible Columbus City Schools seniors enrolling in a full-time, 4-year baccalaureate program at an accredited college, with an unmet need of at least $3,500. Worth $3,500.
- I Know I Can Grant is available to eligible Columbus City Schools high school seniors or Columbus City Schools graduates currently enrolled in college. Worth up to $1,200.
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority offers 19 scholarships for seniors through the Achieving Standards of Excellence Foundation.
- Kenneth L. Howard Scholarship through Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity offers scholarships ranging from $500 - $2,500.
- Janice Castle Trailblazer Scholarship sponsored by Zeta Phi Beta Sorority provides scholarships ranging from $1,000 - $2,000.
- United Negro College Fund has a variety of scholarships, programs, internships and fellowships.
Our partners at the Columbus Foundation are also helping college-bound seniors find valuable scholarships. The online general scholarship application allows students to apply to more than 90 different scholarships.
Families and students who need help should connect with their I Know I Can advisor or school counselor. More tips can be found on the Resources for CCS High School Students and Families website for great tips https://sites.google.com/columbus.k12.oh.us/resources-studentsfamilies/home.
IKIC Grant and Scholarship:Dream Big Scholarship: https://iknowican.org/fund-it/dream-big-scholarship/Founders Scholarship: https://iknowican.org/fund-it/founders-scholarship/I Know I Can Grant: https://iknowican.org/fund-it/i-know-i-can-grant/