- Columbus Spanish Immersion Academy
CCS, CEA Reach Agreement on Memorandum of Understanding for Second Quarter Learning Model
October 28, 2020 -- Columbus City Schools and the Columbus Education Association (CEA) reached a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) today to finalize the District’s learning plans through the end of the first semester, which concludes on January 15, 2021.
The agreement, which covers the remainder of the 2020-2021 school year, includes provisions for the second quarter learning model for specific student groups:
- Students in the Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs at Columbus Downtown High School and the Fort Hayes Career Center will begin blended learning on Monday, November 2, as planned.
- Special education students in grades PreK to 12 with specific complex needs will remain in a completely remote learning environment through the end of the semester (January 15, 2021).
- Requiring everyone (staff and students) to wear a mask on the bus and in school
- Hand sanitizer available in every classroom and lab
- Cleaning and sanitizing of high-touch areas including door handles and faucets
- Disposable overlay coats if needed
- Gloves for programs if needed
- Personal bins for students items
- Tool bins for sanitizing between use
- Plexiglass dividers if needed to maintain six feet of social distance
- Labs and classrooms will be cleaned and sanitized daily
- Safety signage on doors, floors, walls, and handwashing stations