- Mifflin High School
CCS Superintendent Student Ambassador Program Application Open Now
The goal of the Student Ambassador Program is to enhance and refine the leadership skills of the identified candidate(s) in the areas of organization, communication, collaboration, and social responsibility. The Program is specifically designed for leadership development and is an opportunity for the ambassadors to practice leadership through school, District and civic engagement, and volunteerism.
BENEFITS OF BEING A STUDENT AMBASSADOR
Student ambassadors are selected to positively represent the District as they help tell the positive stories of Columbus City Schools (CCS). They act as a link between CCS and the outside community. They use their own experiences to give people an insight into Columbus City Schools. They are the liaisons of their high school to the Superintendent’s office. Those selected to be student ambassadors will meet regularly with the superintendent as her internal student leadership team and with Mrs. Prewitt, the advisor.
- Strong work ethic and responsibility
- Good behavioral and academic standing
- Good attendance standing
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Willingness to develop and improve marketing and communication skills
- A sincere desire to help foster the District’s positive image
SUPERINTENDENT AMBASSADOR PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
To remain an active Superintendent Ambassador you must:
- Attend 80% of ALL meetings
- (2) Excused absences are permitted and the program director must be notified prior to the absence.
- An email or electronic communication must be provided to Mia Prewitt by the Superintendent Ambassador prior to the missed meeting.
- Host at least one virtual social justice engagement activity for their school.
- Actively participate in virtual meetings, board meetings, committee groups, volunteer opportunities, and conduct ALL ambassador actions in a professional manner (Superintendent Ambassadors will receive internship hours for all community service opportunities completed and verified).
SELECTION CRITERIA PER SCHOOL
- 1 candidate identified in Infinite Campus as a 10th-grade student. Candidate must have met all grade-level requirements prior to the start of the school year. Candidate must possess leadership potential and qualities.
- 1 candidate identified in Infinite Campus as an 11th-grade student. Candidate must have met all grade-level requirements prior to the start of the school year. Candidate must possess leadership potential and qualities.
- 1 candidate identified in Infinite Campus as a 12th-grade student. Candidate must have met all grade-level requirements prior to the start of the school year. Candidate must possess leadership potential and qualities.
SUPERINTENDENT’S STUDENT AMBASSADOR ACTIVITIES
The following activities are starters for the calendar, other activities can be added with the group consensus.
- MONTHLY: Board Meeting Presentations
- OCTOBER: Leadership & SEL Workshop, College Application Workshops
- NOVEMBER: Social Justice Engagement & Scholarship Workshop
- DECEMBER: College and Career Planning Workshop, School Cultural Awareness Activities
- JANUARY: TBD
- FEBRUARY: Relationship Week
- MARCH: TBD
- APRIL: TBD
- MAY: TBD