Support for Renters

Support for Renters

Have you been having trouble keeping up with your rent and utilities due to the challenges of the pandemic? There may be help available!

For Franklin County residents, contact

IMPACT Community Action 711 Southwood Avenue Columbus, Ohio 43207 (614) 252-2799

When applying for assistance, you should be prepared to provide the following information:

Names of all household members

Date(s) of birth

Social Security Number(s), if applicable

Current or previous address

Copies of Social Security cards, or verification for each household member, if applicable

Proof of income for all household members 18 years or older

Any supporting documentation to demonstrate need Proof of hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic

Any federal unemployment stipend is excluded from determining a household’s benefit.

To receive Rental Assistance, you will also need to provide: Total amount due, including fees If moving to a new location, justification for the move (i.e. currently homeless, living with another family and not sufficient space etc.) Landlord contact information and lease/rental agreement

To receive Mortgage Assistance, you will also need to provide: Notice of late mortgage payment (including taxes and insurance)

To receive Utility Assistance, you will also need to provide: Copy of utility bill 

The Development Services Agency is now distributing $100 million in federal funding to help low-income Ohioans who do not own their own home pay their rent, water, sewer, wastewater, electric, gas, oil and/or trash removal bills. Ohioans can apply for assistance with outstanding balances dating back to March 13, 2020, and for future rent/utility payments once back bills have been made current, for up to three months at a time, through December 31, 2021.The funding, which was approved by the Ohio Controlling Board for distribution, will be divided among Ohio’s 47 Community Action Agencies. Ohioans can apply for assistance by contacting their local Community Action Agency.

 If you need help navigating the process, please contact our school social worker, Miss Grubb who can help!