CHANGE OF ADDRESS REQUIREMENTS
Current CCS families are required to schedule an appointment at The Central Enrollment Center to update residential information.
o Current CCS families are required to schedule an appointment at The Central Enrollment Center to update address information ONLY if a residential move has occurred that results in changing from one Columbus City School to another.
o If a move or relocation to a new home address DOES NOT require a transfer to another CCS location the address update can be made at the school office.
Please print out the Address Change Form Address Change Form, fill it out completely and bring it to your scheduled appointment along with the following documents:
Parent Photo Identification - It’s important that we can verify the identification of those requesting to enroll their child in Columbus City Schools. Please be prepared to show photo identification at the time of your visit.
Address Verification (must present any one of the following items):
- A recent utility bill (gas, electric or water) in the parent/guardian's name. (Phone or cable bills are not acceptable).
- A current lease agreement with parent/guardian's name. Name and phone number of the landlord must be provided in order to verify the lease.
- Two most-recent employment checks with the parent/guardian's name and address.
- Most recent check stub, received from the Department of Human Services or Social Security, addressed to the parent.
- Statement from the Department of Human Services or Social Security, on letterhead, indicating the address used by the parent for receipt of checks. Even if the parent has checks delivered to a post office box, the caseworker may be able to provide verification of an address for the parent, on the agency’s letterhead.
- Statement from the Personnel Office of parent's employer, on letterhead, indicating the address used by parent for employment purposes and for submission of Internal Revenue Service (IRS) W-2 forms.
- Change of custody forms on Franklin County Children Services (FCCS) letterhead or court documents indicating a change of custodial parent (and address). These must be filed with the Division of the Registrar prior to the child being enrolled in your school. If the child is already enrolled and will continue current assignment, the new custodial parent will need to go to the Division of the Registrar Office to file paperwork.
- Residency Affidavit
- Verification of Residency
Proof of Custody/Guardianship (if other than biological/residential parent) - Custody Document - Certified copy of a judge’s order or decree or modification of such order allocating parental rights and responsibilities and designating a residential parent and legal custodian of the child (if applicable).
To schedule your appointment for your Address Change you must follow this link: