How to Enroll Your Student

  • To get started enrolling your child in Columbus City Schools, complete your online SpeedyPass registration.

    Click here to Access Speedy Pass

    PLEASE NOTE:  You will be required to upload the following Necessary Documents to your Online Registration (SpeedyPass).  If you do not upload the required documents, you will not be able to submit your Online Registration and schedule an enrollment appointment.


    Necessary Documents

    Parent Photo Identification:

    • Please provide your State issued Photo ID, Driver’s License, or Passport.

    Verification of Student Identification (must present any one of the following items):

    • Student’s Birth Certificate
    • A Passport showing the date and place of birth of the child
    • Certified certificate of baptism or other religious record showing the date and place of birth of the child
    • Certified transcript of hospital record showing the date and place of birth of the child; OR a birth affidavit

    Proof of Custody/Guardianship (if other than a biological/residential parent):

    • Custody Document – If you are not the biological parent of the student that you are attempting to enroll, please provide a certified copy of a judge’s order or decree or modification of such order allocating parental rights and responsibilities and designating a residential parent and legal custodian of the child (if applicable); For additional information click here Information for Custody/Guardianship

    Address Verification (must present any one of the following items):

    • A recent (within 30-60 days of the statement date) utility bill (gas, electric, or water) in the parent/guardian’s name.   (Phone or cable bills are not acceptable)
    • A current lease agreement with parent/guardian’s name. The name and phone number of the landlord must be provided to verify the lease. The signature page for a lease is also required.
    • Two most recent pay stubs showing your name and address or a letter from your employer on company letterhead with your name and address listed. IRS W-2 Forms are also acceptable.
    • Change of custody forms on Franklin County Children Services (FCCS) letterhead or court documents indicating a change of custodial parent (and address). These must be filed with the Division of the Registrar before the child being enrolled in your school. If the child is already enrolled and will continue the current assignment, the new custodial parent will need to go to the Division of the Registrar Office to file paperwork
    • Department of Human Services or Social Security statement, on letterhead, indicating the physical address used by the parent for receipt of checks.
    • Employer Statement from the Personnel Office, on letterhead, indicating the address used by the parent for employment purposes and for submission of Internal Revenue Service (IRS) W-2 forms
    • If you do not have any of the above forms of Address Verification in your name, please see the information below.
      • If you are in transition (doubled up or living in a hotel or shelter due to hardship), please complete the Student Housing Questionnaire
      • If you live with someone on a permanent basis but do not have any of the above items in your name, please complete the Verification of Residency. **Please note that the person with whom you are living needs to provide one of the documents listed above in combination with the Verification of Residency form for your proof of address to be valid. **

    Immunization Record (Shot Record):

    • To ensure that all schools provide safe and healthy learning environments, the Ohio Department of Health requires all students to be immunized upon enrollment. Contact your child’s healthcare provider to make sure vaccinations are up-to-date for school entry. If you need assistance with immunizations, please contact the school nurse or Columbus Public Health Immunization Clinic at 614-645-7945.  Click here for a printable school vaccination flyer from the Ohio Department of Health.

    Withdrawal Papers or Last Grade Card or transcript from prior school (if applicable)

    Individualized Education Program (IEP), Evaluation Team Report (ETR) or 504 Plan (if applicable)

    Proof of Negative Tuberculosis results from a test given in the United States. Applies to students born in another country OR who has traveled out of the country for 30 or more consecutive days

    Income Verification (For Pre-Kindergarten Parents Only)

    For the purposes of determining family income, a family is determined as:

    • All parents/legal guardians of the child residing in the home and all minor children of the parent/legal guardian who is residing in the home
    • A stepparent residing in the home, and all of the minor children who reside in the home
    • Unmarried parents of a common child who reside in the same home and all of the minor children who live with them
    • A foster parent and all the minor children who reside in the home

    Income of the family includes gross earned and unearned income. Examples of gross earned and unearned income are as follows:

    • Gross earned-wages, salary, severance pay, bonuses, sick leave paid as wages, annual leave, holiday and vacation pay
    • Unearned income is income that is not earned from employment or self-employment. Unearned income includes educational assistance, alimony and child support payments, and gifts or assistance received by the family from persons, organizations or assistance agencies, such as social security administration (SSA) disability, unemployment compensation, veteran's payments, survivor benefits, temporary worker's compensation, and pension or retirement income

    Early Childhood Eligibility Screening Tool  (For Pre-Kindergarten Parents Only)

    If you can't find the information you're looking for please review our Central Enrollment FAQ sheet. If you still have additional questions please call Central Enrollment at (614) 365-4011, or contact the FACTLine at 614-221-3228 or

    Please note that ALL required documents must be submitted when completing the SpeedyPass/Online Registration.  Failure to provide all required documents will cause your appointment to be canceled.  If your appointment is canceled, you will be able to edit your SpeedyPass/Online Registration and resubmit.  Upon submitting your updated SpeedyPass/Online Registration, you will be able to schedule an appointment.