Columbus City Schools, established in 1845, is the state of Ohio’s largest school district, serving the needs of 50,000 students in 112 schools. The district, which employs more than 9,000 teachers and staff, is under the leadership of its 21st superintendent, Dr. Talisa Dixon, and a seven-member Board of Education. The mission of Columbus City Schools is that each student is highly educated, prepared for leadership and service, and empowered for success as a citizen in a global community.
The Columbus City Schools main office is located at 270 E. State St., Columbus, Ohio 43215.
For general questions, call the FACTLine at 614-221-3228.
Each student is highly-educated, prepared for leadership and service, and empowered for success as a citizen in a global community.
A world-class model of public education that prepares members of our communities to reach their full potential.
Columbus City Schools has prioritized four District-wide goals for the 2019-2020 school year:
- Academic Performance - Each of our students reaches their full potential and graduates prepared to attend college, serve in the military, start a business, or enter the workforce.
- Culture and Climate - Our District creates safe, student-centered, innovative learning environments.
- Talent Management - Our District recruits, develops, and retains world-class educators and staff.
- Strategic Engagement - Our District is accountable to our communities and stakeholders, and confidence in our district and our schools is maintained through strategic, responsible, and transparent leadership.
- Supports academic achievement, continuous improvement, civic stewardship and life-long learning.
- Collaboratively and responsibly governs with integrity.
- Demonstrates compassion, respect, trust and love to each other and those we serve.
- Values community engagement and empowerment, as well as equity and diversity.
School Related Issue or Concern?
Contact the Office of Customer Relations at 614-365-8888, or by email to: email@example.com
Have an additional question about Columbus City Schools? Call the FACTLine at 614-221-FACT (614-221-3228) or, email us at: Factline@columbus.k12.oh.us
Are you a member of the media interested in speaking to someone from Columbus City Schools? Contact our Department of Communications at 614-365-5680.
Do you have a Public Records Request? Contact our Department of Legal Services. Click here for more information.