Welcome To World Language Middle School
The District’s new World Language Middle School is open! Sandra Santos leads the administrative team at the new immersion middle school. The program will provide a rigorous bilingual language immersion continuum for the District’s two immersion schools – Ecole Kenwood French Immersion and Columbus Spanish Immersion Academy, along with students from Columbus Global Academy, and on to grades 9-12 at Columbus North International School.
“I am excited to connect with students, families, and community partners to build a robust and engaging academic experience that promotes grade-level academic achievement, bilingualism, and bi-literacy in relevant and real-world ways,” said Santos.
She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Education, Physical Education, and Health Education and a Masters of Education from Wright State University. She is fluent in Spanish and is an experienced language translator. She was also formerly an assistant principal at Mifflin High School.
WLMS Families -
To make it easier to report an absence if your student is not able to attend school, we are providing each family with a magnet that has a QR code that you can scan. If your student is absent, please scan the QR code with your phone's camera and complete the Google Form. The form can be translated into any of the languages that Google supports.
WLMS School Supply Lists
Please see below for lists of recommended supplies for the 2022-2023 school year!
Overall School Supply List
Tech School Supply List
SLA/FLA School Supply List
Science School Supply List
Social Studies School Supply List
ELA School Supply List
ELL School Supply List
Math School Supply List
Drama School Supply List
Hello MOVEMENT Families of WLMS!
Thank you all for a safe and successful first week of school! Here are a few reminders:
· Early release cut off time is 1:45 pm.
· Please let office know by 1:45 pm if student transportation is changing.
· If your student does not have a working Chromebook, we are working on this and should have an answer soon.
· Per the CCS Guide to Student Success and to ensure the safety of our students, students are not permitted to wear athletic slides or flip flops to school. Please make sure your student wears appropriate shoes to school each day.
· OPEN HOUSE will be virtual this year on 9/20 from 5-7 pm. Zoom links will be sent out prior to 9/20.
· The family survey window for Panorama Ed will be from September 13-24. Surveys will be available in Arabic, English, French, Nepali, Somali, and Spanish and can be found at: surveys.panoramaed.com/ccsoh/family.
· If your student is not feeling well, PLEASE keep them home and do not risk sending them to school until they feel better.
Dropoff is in the back parking lot, which can be accessed from Sharon Ave (yellow in the map below). Upon exiting the car, students should take the sidewalk around to the front of the building (green dots in the map below), and enter through the main doors.
Pickup will also be in the back parking lot, at 2:30 pm. Cars should form a line, and wait for their kids to come out. There will be a staffperson there to help organize the students.
Welcome back to school! A note for families: WLMS does not have Latchkey.
Watch our School Choice Fair video!
Dr. Dixon addresses CCS' families transportation concerns with a comprehensive update.
Andrea Montero Avila received a $100 gift card, a framed copy of her design, and t-shirts with her design printed on them.
Dr. Dixon writes a note to CCS families following multiple reports of hoax school shooter incidents/threats.
The Crew visited Sullivant on September 22nd to clap in the students and welcome the beginning of a new initiative geared toward improving student attendance.
The Columbus Board of Education issued a statement regarding proposed Title IX amendments.