Walnut Ridge Announcements
Select students will be receiving textbooks on 9/22 and 9/24 from 8 AM - 2 PM. Not all courses require a physical textbook as many are online. Teachers will coordinate with their students when a physical textbook is required. Please feel free to call the school with any questions.
Pre-sale Football Tickets
* Each student-athlete will be allotted 2 tickets to buy to enter the games. This includes Football players, Cheerleaders, & Band members (if applicable).
* The “2 ticket purchase limit” will be in effect at both HOME & AWAY games!
* Only student-athletes on the “Active Roster” (provided by the coach) will be permitted to buy tickets for HOME or AWAY games!
FOOTBALL TICKETS PURCHASING INSTRUCTIONS
* Tickets for All Walnut Ridge Football Regular Season Games (non-playoff games) MUST BE PURCHASED in ADVANCE!
* ONLY PLAYERS are able to purchases tickets. Time & location will be coordinated between the Athletic Director & the appropriate Coaching Staff.
* The tickets will cost $5 each (cash only).
* Tickets WILL NOT be sold at the Game, NO EXCEPTIONS! This includes any parents of participating students, the General Public, or to Walnut Ridge Students (non-players)!
* Tickets for AWAY GAMES (played in CCS) MUST BE PURCHASED in ADVANCE as well…using the same protocols outlined above!
* PLEASE NOTE..... Walnut Ridge Parents WILL NOT be permitted to buy tickets to AWAY GAMES (played in CCS) at the AWAY location! No Exceptions!
Please email Athletic Director Ware at the address below with questions regarding pre-sale tickets...
Principal's Office Hours
Please feel free to join me every Friday morning for Principal's Office Hours...
Dave Chamberlain is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Principal's Office Hours
Time: Fridays 9 AM - 10 AM
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 853 2825 8092
Daily ScheduleMonday - Thursday (synchronous)AM Support period - 7:15 AM - 8:00 AM teacher office hours as needed1st 8:00 AM – 8:40 AM (live class)2nd 8:45 AM – 9:25 AM (live class)3rd 9:30 AM – 10:10 AM (live class)4th 10:15 AM – 10:55 AM Live class)5th 11:00 AM – 11:40 AM (live class)6th 11:45 AM – 12:25 PM (live class)7th 12:30 PM – 1:10 PM (live class)8th 1:15 PM - 1:55 PM (live class)PM Support period - 1:55 - 2:45 PM teacher office hours as neededFriday (asynchronous)AM Support period - 7:15 AM - 8:00 AM teacher office hours as neededTBT (teachers) work 8 AM – 9 AMCohort 2021 Teachers help students – 9 AM – 10 AMCohort 2022 Teachers help students – 10 AM – 11 AMCohort 2023 Teachers help students – 11 AM – 12 PMCohort 2024 Teachers help students – 12 PM – 1 PMOffice hours as needed outside of these windows if teachers serve multiple cohortsPM Support period - 1:55 - 2:45 PM teacher office hours as needed
Extra support for students with special needs
Special education teachers serve students from 9 AM - 2:45 PM. During this time, teachers will arrange small group and/or individual support as needed for students on their caseloads.
Ongoing Chromebook Distribution/Replacement and Hotspots
If you need a Chromebook or need to exchange a non-functioning Chromebook, please call (614) 365-5400 to arrange an appointment. If there is no answer, please leave a message. We will offer appointments on Tuesdays from 9 AM - 10 AM and Thursdays from 3 PM - 4 PM.
If you need a Hotspot, please call (614) 365-5400 to arrange an appointment. If there is no answer, please leave a message. We will offer appointments on Tuesdays from 9 AM - 10 AM and Thursdays from 3 PM - 4 PM. Please understand there will be significant turn-around time on Hotspots as they are ordered on a case-by-case basis. We have no extra Hotspots on hand.
CCS is proud to provide an electronic version of the 2020-2021 Guide To Student Success.
Questions about how to check in your scholars for attendance in the Parent Portal? Look no further!
Columbus City Schools is changing the way it Fuels Up students when it comes to providing free breakfast and lunch as students prepare to start the 2020-2021 school year fully remote.
On the eve of classes beginning, CCS Superintendent/CEO Dr. Talisa Dixon checks in with a welcome back message.
This Columbus City Schools story arrives this fall.
Columbus City Schools announced today that the District will allow in-person interscholastic athletics and extracurricular activities to resume beginning Saturday, August 29.
An update from Dr. Dixon as the District prepares to start the new school year.
Columbus City Schools announced today that the District will suspend all in-person interscholastic athletics and extracurricular activities in order to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
At Tuesday’s special meeting of the Columbus Board of Education, our Academic Services team presented samples of a “day in the life” of CCS students attending virtual classes this fall.
We've been documenting the journey as we battle circumstances beyond our control to continue our mission of creating the future of Columbus City Schools. Watch our first teaser of this CCS Story coming soon.
Dr. Dixon: "I’d like to share with you today our district’s final decision regarding how we will start back to school on Tuesday, September 8."