CURRICULUM NIGHT INFORMATION
Curriculum Night was held on Thursday, September 22, 2022.
Teachers provided information about grade level curriculum, common assessments teachers use to make instructional decisions regarding student learning, information on how teachers will intervene and enrich instruction, suggestions for how parents can support learning at home; and, finally,
Teachers discussed Talking Points, our new two-way communication app with parents. All parents have been invited to join. Please check your email for information.
Team slide shows are below:
NOTES FROM THE SCHOOL NURSE
Ohio law requires several immunizations for school attendance, and specifically, 7th graders need the Tdap and MCV4 (Meningococcal) immunizations and a copy of that record to be at school.(Students of any grade need up-to-date shots and records as well. If your 6th, 7th, or 8th grader is new to our district, or got behind because of all the disruptions due to COVID these past few years, they will need all their immunizations to be current.)
, SEPTEMBER 23, 2022.**
Students will be excluded from school if immunization records aren't received by September 23, 2022. All parents received notification in the spring of this mandate along with a referral and health department immunization clinic information. Reminders will be made weekly for the next several weeks. firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns.School Nurse, Michelle Treaster, at 614-365-6020 or at
We encourage all families to return the immunization record and/or reach out to their healthcare provider or the Columbus Health Department as soon as possible to schedule immunizations in order to avoid exclusion.
Fall Sports Ticketing Information and Athletics Information
Columbus City Schools has moved to a cashless ticketing system through Local Level. Please click the link below to purchase tickets for indoor athletic competitions.
ALL STUDENT ATHLETES MUST HAVE AN OHSAA SIGNED PHYSICAL TO PARTICIPATE.
- Middle school sports are open to 7th & 8th grade boys and girls.
- All students MUST have a CURRENT Ohio High School Athletic Association physical to participate. If one was turned in last spring, please submit a copy.
- 8th grade students must be in good academic standing, have at least a 2.0 GPA from the fourth quarter of the 2021-22 school year.
- 7th grade students are exempt from academic requirements, but are expected to maintain at least a 2.0 GPA while participating on the team.
- Jewelry is not permitted to be worn during games.
- Practices are Monday - Thursday each week throughout the season from 2:45 - 4:45 PM.
- Games begin mid-September and begin at 4:00 PM, usually on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- Try-Out dates will be shared when available!
All students are welcome and encouraged to participate!
as of the 2020/2021 school year
100 E. Arcadia Ave
Columbus, OH 43202
CCS students will once again have an opportunity to sharpen their skills through immersive, hands-on lessons while also experiencing some of the city’s top family-friendly sites during this year’s Pathway Express initiative.
Today, October 2, is National Custodian Day. Often called the "quiet heroes" of our school buildings, custodians work early and late to make sure our schools stay safe and clean. Thank you to all CCS custodians for everything that you do!
Dr. Dixon addresses CCS' families transportation concerns with a comprehensive update.
Dr. Dixon writes a note to CCS families following multiple reports of hoax school shooter incidents/threats.