OUR SCHOOL COMMUNITY
• Our strength is our diversity; students from Clinton, Colerain, Como, Indian Springs, Salem, and Weinland Park Elementary Schools all become one community at Dominion Middle School.
• Our teachers value students as young people entering as 6th graders and developing through early adolescence, and then leaving Dominion as confident young adults; and our teachers are committed to working with parents to discover each student’s unique talents, interests and strengths.
• Our incoming 6th grade students are welcomed by WEB (Where Everyone Belongs) Leaders, 8th grade students nominated by teachers, who are trained to run 6th grade orientation, lead small-group discussions, and serve as a role model for younger students as they transition into middle schoolers.
• Our offerings include gifted and talented instruction in all three grades.
• We are the only Columbus City Schools middle school with a center serving the deaf and hard of hearing community.
• Special Needs services tailored to each student’s individual and behavioral needs are offered at Dominion; we house both an Autism unit and a Multiple Disabilities unit.
THE ARTS AND ACADEMICS INTERTWINED
• Students choose from a wide variety of Encore (Elective) classes at Dominion, including art, theater, Spanish, physical education, engineering, and computer science. Students may also choose to participate in the music program, which offers choir, band, jazz band, orchestra, and drum line.
• Dominion has a thriving theater program. Students may take drama as an elective and have the opportunity to participate in two student-led theater productions each year.
• Our Art program has students stretching their skills in watercolors, clay, paint and pencil.
• Students have the opportunity to leave Dominion with almost 6 high school credits, including Math 1 and Spanish.
• Computer Science and Engineering classes are offered to all three grades. The Design & Modeling courses feature three-dimensional design and 3-D printing through the use of state-of-the-art computer software. This pathway can lead to Whetstone High School’s AEP Credits Count Information Technology
• Dominion has a robust PTSO and Music Boosters who are exceptionally committed to students and teachers.
• While parental involvement can diminish in middle school, that isn’t the case at Dominion. Parents are encouraged and expected to be involved in their child’s educational journey and the school as a whole.
• We are proud to be supported by Clintonville Go Public, a community organization that has raised funding for beautification, technology, student enrichment, and STEAM programs at Dominion.
Visit Dominion Middle School Today!
Stop by or call and make an appointment to tour Dominion Middle School, meet the principal and teachers and see for yourself what makes Dominion a unique
and vibrant community where students are valued, respected and empowered to reach their full potential.
Phone: (614) 365-6020
Fax: (614) 365-6018