We are hiring. Apply here.
Help us better serve you by clicking on the link below to take the CCS Food Service Survey.
For Students - Food Services Student Survey
For Parents/ Guardians - Food Service Parent Survey
School Menu Restrictions Currently in Place:
Schools with Pre-K through 6 and K-8
· Nut products, seafood, and pork are not offered.
Middle Schools and Buildings with Grades 6-12 or 7-12
· Seafood and pork are not offered.Columbus City Schools follow the MyPlate dietary guidelines for student meal planning.Eat a fruit or vegetable at every meal. Make healthy food choices!For more information, click on Eat Right with MyPlate.Columbus City Schools provide over 63,000 school meals per day. More information about school meals can be found byclicking the link: http://schoolnutrition.org/schoolmealsTaste Testing Request Form for teachers.Teachers learn more about free MyPlate nutrition education for the classroom by clicking this link: MyPlateWondering if a food or beverage sold to students during school meets the USDA Smart Snack in School Nutrition Standards? Click on the following link to evaluate it: https://foodplanner.healthiergeneration.org/calculator/To read the latest edition of the Food Service newsletter, click here The Dish.For updates and information, follow Columbus City Schools on Twitter and Instagram @CCS_Food.USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.
Click on the Food Allergies link above to read about the Columbus City Schools Food Allergy Policy and links to additional resources.
An interactive recipe tool from the United States Department of Agricultural is available to use. Using this tool, you can search for household recipes based on nutrition themes such as:
- eat more fruits and vegetables
- eat more whole grains
- go lean with protein
- switch to fat-free or low fat dairy
- reduce sodium
- get more calcium
- eat fewer empty calories
- eat less saturated fats, trans fats, and cholesterol
In addition, there are recipes that require no cooking or cooking by microwave, stove top or an oven. Other features include recipe cost per serving, nutrition information, and cookbooks.
Africentric, Berwick, Colerian, Columbus Gifted, Indianola, Starling, Middle/High School Menu Nutritional Information: Look up a menu item by meal service for its nutritional content and USDA food component(s).