The mission of the Library and Media Technology Services is to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information.
To achieve this, we:
- provide and maintain resources in all formats that support the curriculum
- energetically integrate media and technology resources and services into the instructional activities of the school
- cooperatively plan with teachers to design units of instruction and learning strategies that meet the needs of all students
- stimulate interest in reading and using information and ideas to promote confidence and critical-thinking skills
- encourage and provide tools for self-education outside the classroom
- participate in programs for professional growth
CCS Library Services
Southland Center Suite 148
3700 South High Street
Columbus, OH 43207
Multiple Literacy Specialist
News & Updates
CCS Library Services is working to establish resources and support so libraries and librarians can be effective advocates for the inclusion of all individuals.
CCS Teachers - Columbus Metropolitan Library has free resources to help you in the classroom.
- Educator Cards enable you to check out classroom materials without using your personal library card. Click here to learn more.
- Teacher Collections enhance your lesson plan with age- and topic-specific library materials selected by library staff. Click here to learn more.
For additional resource information, contact the Columbus City Schools Multiple Literacy Specialist Lynda L. Ray by email at Lray3640@columbus.k12.oh.us or phone: 614-365-5280 or your building librarian.