THE DEPARTMENT OF
HIGHER EDUCATION PARTNERSHIPS
The Department of Higher Education Partnerships was created in collaboration with our local colleges and universities. Columbus City Schools and local colleges and universities have had a long-standing informal partnership to increase student achievement and to support staff development. The Department of Higher Education Partnerships works closely with our partners and district staff to implement and support state initiatives that can help students pursue their postsecondary educational and career goals.
In order to ensure that every student is able to pursue postsecondary education and/or their chosen career goals, the Department of Higher Education Partnerships believes that rigorous course options should be accessible and equitably offered to all students in our district. Our department encourages students to complete these rigorous courses that can be used towards graduation requirements and/or a jumpstart to a college education, entrepreneurship, career exploration, or the military.
Portrait of a Graduate
Dr. Monica S. Womack
Director of Articulated Pathways
The Portrait of a Graduate includes six attributes that we envision for every CCS student to embody:
- Adaptability – Our students will be agile in thoughts and actions, responding productively to positive and negative feedback while balancing diverse views to reach workable solutions.
- Communication – Our students will effectively express thoughts and ideas using oral, written, and nonverbal skills while being active listeners able to decipher meaning and intention.
- Creativity – Our students will be imaginative and explore original ideas and innovative solutions by transcending traditional thoughts, patterns, and relationships.
- Critical Thinking – Our students will analyze and apply evidence-based reasoning to understand “big picture” challenges and how solutions affect other parts of a system.
- Global Empathy – Our students will value and engage diverse cultures and unique perspectives through mutual respect and open dialogue while taking action to make the world more equitable and inclusive.
- Technology – Our students will leverage traditional and emerging technology to consume, create, communicate, and connect while practicing responsible citizenship in an increasingly digital world.
Manager, Higher Education Partnerships
Coordinator College Credit Plus
Dr. Monica S. Womack, Director, Articulated Pathways
Kelley Rasberry, Manager, Higher Education Partnerships
Katie Lovera, Coordinator, College Credit Plus
Lois Carson, Secretary
Higher Education Partnerships
100 Arcadia Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43202
614.365.8600 | 614.365.5027 (fax)
Email our team at: HigherEdPartnerships@columbus.k12.oh.us
Ms. Lois Carson