Columbus City Schools saw a letter-grade improvement on its overall score, in addition to gains made across various components, on its State Report Card which was released by the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) on Thursday morning.
Columbus Board of Education Votes to Approve Teacher Contract that Focuses on Student Achievement, Highly Qualified Teachers
The Columbus Board of Education at a special meeting Monday morning voted unanimously to approve a three-year contract agreement with the Columbus Education Association (CEA), the union representing the District’s 4,000 teachers, nurses, counselors, social workers and other education professionals.
Superintendent Dixon Recommends Approval of Teacher Contract that Focuses on Student Achievement, Highly Qualified Teachers
Columbus City Schools (CCS) Superintendent Dr. Talisa Dixon will recommend that the CCS Board of Education on Monday vote to approve a tentative, three-year contract agreement between the District and the Columbus Education Association (CEA).
Columbus City Schools proudly welcomes back our teachers, administrators, and staff as we kick-off the 2019-2020 school year! Superintendent Dr. Talisa Dixon outlines the district's goals and priorities for the 2019-2020 school year.
Columbus City Schools welcomes students back on first day of class.
The Columbus City Schools Board of Education approved the addition of 31 Safety and Security positions for next school year as part of its comprehensive FY 2020 Budget Appropriations.
Valleyview Safety Reminders
On Tuesday of this week, part of our professional development focused on safety guidelines and procedures for our students and staff. As a result, please understand we will be following district guidelines with fidelity.
- As per district guidelines, students will be released only to adults (18 or older) who are listed on the emergency medical card.
- As per district guidelines, when you arrive at school you will be asked by office or school personnel to provide your identification. Your driver’s license will be scanned by our Lobby Guard which is now working well. Please know that even if we recognize you, we will ask to see your identification and you’ll be directed to use Lobby Guard. A sticker will be printed out which identifies to each staff member that you are approved to be in the building.
- If you would like to have breakfast or lunch with your student, please allow us 24 hours notice. We will ensure that there is a table available in the Library or Lobby. Due to federal food program guidelines and allergies, other than packed lunches, outside food (McDonald’s, Wendy’s, etc.) is not allowed to be brought into the cafeteria.
- If you are here to visit your student’s classroom, please reach out to the teacher at least 24 hours in advance of your visit. As per the teacher contract, they are required to have a minimum of 24 hours notice.
- Our Valleyview ‘Ways to Bee’ include the following: Be Safe, Be Respectful, Be Responsible, Be Kind and Believe in Yourself. It is our expectation that each and every person who enters the building will model these expectations.
Thank you in advance for helping us to keep all students, staff and visitors safe!
Aug. 20 = Back to School Ice Cream Social 5:00 - 6:15
Aug. 22 = First Student Day (grades 1 - 5)
Aug. 27 = Kindergarten First day
Sept. 2 = No School (Labor Day)
Sept. 11 = 90 minute Early Release @ 2:00
We begin our dismissal procedures prior to 3:15 so if you are picking up your student, please make sure to sign him/her out prior to 3:05.
Notify us in writing if there are any changes in how your student will be getting home from school. If there is a situation that pops up during the day which will impact how your student is to get home, make sure to call the school prior to 3:05.
Please make sure when you visit Valleyview that you have your identification ready. In order to keep our students and staff safe, everyone entering the building must stop at the office and check in with Lobby Guard. If you are picking up a student, you must stay in the office area and your student will be brought to you.
If you need to speak with your students' teacher, please call or email to make arrangements with the teacher. It is very important that we preserve instructional time.