Columbus City Schools Library Services is committed to bringing unique learning opportunities to our students and we are pleased to introduce a new, free reading service providing digital books through Sora, the student reading app. We are partnering with Columbus Metropolitan Library Digital Download Collaboration to give students and teachers 24/7 access to eBooks and audiobooks WITHOUT using a public library card.
It’s convenient for students to check out titles at home, on the weekends or during school breaks with no worry about misplacing a book or running up late fees – these digital titles automatically return at the end of the lending period! Sora can help students of all ages read more and improve comprehension. Struggling or reluctant readers, learning-challenged, second language learners, and gifted readers can all benefit from this service.
How does it work?
- Log in to Clever OR your CCS Google Account Apps Launcher and find the SORA App. Sign in using your CCS Google Account (ccs email and password).
- Under your Profile, select + Add a Library and enter Columbus Metropolitan Library (Digital Download Collaboration).
- You can Borrow or Place Hold on ebooks and audiobooks available at Columbus Metropolitan Library.
- Close the book and go to your Shelf to see all your books. From there, you can:
- Tap Open Book or Open Audiobook to read or listen to the book.
- Tap Options to renew or return the book, get to your notes and highlights, and more.
You can also download the free Sora app from the Apple App Store, Google Play Store or visit soraapp.com, borrow with ccsoh, and enjoy anytime, anywhere on a computer, tablet, or smartphone. Be sure to add Digital Download Collaboration to your profile. This will give you access to CML ebooks and audiobooks.
Whether a student’s interest lies in classics for required reading, or the latest popular juvenile or young adult fiction, they can find it all in Sora!
Where can I find more information?
Contact your Library Media Specialist