DOMINION MIDDLE SCHOOL ATHLETICS
Middle School sports are a wonderful way to meet friends, learn to be an integral part of a team, improve self discipline, build grit and positively represent both school and community. Dominion athletes are scholar athletes and carry an average GPA of 3.5. Dominion scholar athletes are expected to carry themselves with integrity and exhibit leadership skills both in the classroom and on the court or field. We are exceedingly proud of our Blue Devil scholar athletes!
Dominion students are able to participate in co-ed soccer and volleyball (fall), basketball (winter), baseball, softball and track (spring). Students enrolled in community and parochial schools are eligible to participtate in athletics at Dominion. Eligible students must carry at least a 2.0 GPA and pass 5 of their courses based on grades earned the previous quarter. All students must have a current OHSAA Physical Form completed by a physician or a physician's designeed on file at the school before they're permitted to practice.
Helpful Tips from our Coaches:
- Schedule your student's physical during summer months, this will allow for one physical to be valid for an entire school year of athletics.
- Please make copies of your student's OHSAA Preparticipation Physical Evaluation form. Make one copy for each sport your student intends to play and at least one copy for your records.
- Fall sports conditioning typically begins before the start of school. Please watch for this communication if your student is interested in these sports.
- Winter sports conditioning typically begins once fall sport seasons end.
- Spring sports conditioning typically begins mid to end March.
- If your student intends to play sports and participate in drama productions, they will need to speak with both the coach and Mrs. Whittaker regarding options.
- If you student intendd to play sports and participate in jazz band or drum line, they can coordinate schedules with their coach and Mr. Carlson.