Learning Extension Centers
Columbus City Schools is partnering with several community organizations on Learning Extension Centers - safe, adult-supervised, welcoming spaces where students are supported while learning virtually during the day.
At these Learning Extension Centers, students have access to internet, learning devices, and school supplies to assist them in remote learning (if they need more than the Chromebook supplied by the District). Staff at the centers are able to assist students in accessing our CCS Remote Learning platforms. And in many LEC locations, students will be able to get meals and “after-school” type activities.
Columbus Metropolitan Library
Offering help to students, teachers and parents with their online K-12 Homework Help.
Nationwide Children's Hospital
Nationwide Children's Hospital is hosting a series of meetings throughout the year to offer families information about normal teenage ups and downs, mental health concerns, warning signs for depression and suicide, risk factors affecting teens, and steps to take to help address your teen's needs.
Ethiopian Tewanedo Social Services (ETSS)
ETTS provides outreach focused on the Ethiopian refugee and immigrant community.
Ohio Hispanic Coalition
The Ohio Hispanic Coalition offers bilingual and bicultural direct services aimed to best serve Latino/Hispanic community members in the Central Ohio area.
Food, Clothing, Utility & Housing Assistance
- 211 Central Ohio, 24 hour community information and referral service
- Columbus Cares Act Utility Bill Assistance, one time credit for eligible City of Columbus residential water, sewer, stormwater and power customers who are having difficulty paying their utility bills
- CAP4Kids (The Children's Advocacy Project), community resources to help improve and enhance the lives of children and families
- Franklin County Childrens Services Resource Guide, information on local emergency or non-emergency assistance to families
- Mid Ohio Food Bank, resources available by zip code