Learning Extension Centers
Columbus City Schools is partnering with several community organizations on Learning Extension Centers - safe, adult-supervised, welcoming spaces where students are supported while learning virtually during the day.
At these Learning Extension Centers, students have access to internet, learning devices, and school supplies to assist them in remote learning (if they need more than the Chromebook supplied by the District). Staff at the centers are able to assist students in accessing our CCS Remote Learning platforms. And in many LEC locations, students will be able to get meals and “after-school” type activities.
Learning Extension Center Locator
Click on the map or click here to search for the Learning Extension Center closest to your home or work.
1. Type your address in the box at the top left corner. For example 343 S Powell Ave, 43204.
2. If no schools or LEC’s are visible, zoom out.
3. Click the red school dot for school information
4. Click the purple LEC dot for Learning Extension Center information.
5. Click on the filter buttons to search by days/hours of operation and grades served.
6. Click on the color-lines on streets to find the COTA bus route that serves the LEC.
Links to Learning Extension Centers
PLEASE NOTE: Learning Extension Centers are not run by Columbus City Schools, but we are working to connect families and schools with LECs closest to them. We are also providing training to LEC staff so they know how to help students (and parents) on getting online and into our Remote Learning platforms.
Each Learning Extension Center has their own ways to sign up and register. Service hours are also different. Before you go, make sure to call ahead. Ask if there is any information you need to bring the first time you visit. And remember, space will likely be limited to maintain healthy and safe social distancing.