Interdistrict Open Enrollment
Information for students looking to join the Columbus City Schools District through Interdistrict Open Enrollment (IOE).
Interdistrict Open Enrollment is for K-12 students who live outside of the Columbus City Schools (CCS) boundaries but wish to attend a CCS school.
Applications for the 2023-2024 (students who are currently attending but have recently moved outside of CCS boundaries) and 2024-2025 school year must be submitted via the Parent Portal. If you do not have a Parent Portal account and your child currently attends CCS, please see your child's school for the activation code or email a picture ID to email@example.com. If your child is not currently a CCS student and you wish to submit an IOE application for the 2024-2025 school year, you must complete the online enrollment process in order to receive your Parent Portal code to submit an IOE application.
General Eligibility for Application:
- Only those students who would like to be enrolled full-time in grades K-12 in a Columbus City School are eligible to apply for Interdistrict Open Enrollment (IOE). Pre-K and Part-time students are not eligible for IOE placement.
- Students must be 5 years of age before October 1 to apply for IOE kindergarten.
- The residence of the custodial parent/guardian must be located outside of the boundaries of the CCS district.
- Students who were suspended or expelled for 10 or more consecutive days during the previous school year are ineligible to apply for admission through IOE for the upcoming school year
- Columbus City School residents take top priority for placement.
- The order of placement is as follows:
- On time CCS applicants (students who reside in CCS boundaries)
- On time IOE applicants who have a parent employed by CCS
- On time returning IOE applicants
- Late CCS applicants
- Late IOE returning applicants/New IOE applicants
Most IOE Placements occur in the summer, or in August after administrators return from summer break.
- High School & Middle School IOE Applications: On-time IOE applications are accepted via the Parent Portal Wednesday, January 3, 2024 through Thursday, February 29, 2024.
- Elementary School Lottery Applications: On-time IOE applications are accepted via the Parent Portal Thursday, February 1, 2024 through Sunday, March 31, 2024.
Please note, if you move outside of the CCS boundaries while attending CCS, you must update your address (via the Annual Update) and submit an IOE application through the Parent Portal within two weeks of the move to be considered for IOE approval to remain in your CCS school.