Interdistrict Open Enrollment
Information for students looking to join the Columbus City Schools District through Interdistrict Open Enrollment (IOE).
Interdistrict Open Enrollment is for K-12 students who live outside of the Columbus City Schools (CCS) boundaries but wish to attend a CCS school.
Applications for the 2020-2021 and the 2021-2022 school year must be submitted via the Parent Portal. If you do not have a Parent Portal account and your child currently attends CCS, please see your child's school for the activation code or email a picture ID to firstname.lastname@example.org If your child is not currently a CCS student, you must complete the online enrollment process prior to submitting an IOE application. Parents are encouraged to utilize the online SpeedyPass registration process and schedule an appointment to present required enrollment documents. You’ll receive your Parent Portal access code at your enrollment appointment.
General Eligibility for Application:
- Only those students who would like to be enrolled full-time in grades K-12 in a Columbus City School are eligible to apply for Interdistrict Open Enrollment (IOE). Pre-K and Part-time students are not eligible for IOE placement.
- Students must be 5 years of age before October 1 to apply for IOE kindergarten.
- The residence of the custodial parent/guardian must be located outside of the boundaries of the CCS district.
- Students who were suspended or expelled for 10 or more consecutive days during the previous school year are ineligible to apply for admission through IOE for the upcoming school year
- Columbus City School residents take top priority for placement.
- The order of placement is as follows:
- On time CSS applicants (students who reside in CCS boundaries)
- On time IOE applicants who have a parent employed by CCS
- On time returning IOE applicants
- Late CCS applicants
- Late IOE returning applicants/New IOE applicants
Most IOE Placements occur in the summer, or in August after administrators return from summer break
Important Dates for the 2021-2022 School Year
Middle and High School on-time applications -- January 6, 2021 - March 5, 2021
Elementary School on-time applications -- February 1, 2021 - March 31, 2021
Late applications for students who attended CCS for the 2020-21 school year will be accepted through July 9, 2021
Late applications for new students wishing to enroll in CCS will be accepted through December 10, 2021