Interdistrict Open Enrollment
Information for students looking to join the Columbus City Schools District through Interdistrict Open Enrollment (IOE).
Interdistrict Open Enrollment is for K-12 students who live outside of the Columbus City Schools (CCS) boundaries but wish to attend a CCS school.
Applications for the 2022-2023 and 2023-2024 school year must be submitted via the Parent Portal. If you do not have a Parent Portal account and your child currently attends CCS, please see your child's school for the activation code or email a picture ID to email@example.com If your child is not currently a CCS student, you must complete the online enrollment process prior to submitting an IOE application. Parents are encouraged to utilize the online SpeedyPass registration process and schedule an appointment to present required enrollment documents. You’ll receive your Parent Portal access code at your enrollment appointment.
General Eligibility for Application:
- Only those students who would like to be enrolled full-time in grades K-12 in a Columbus City School are eligible to apply for Interdistrict Open Enrollment (IOE). Pre-K and Part-time students are not eligible for IOE placement.
- Students must be 5 years of age before October 1 to apply for IOE kindergarten.
- The residence of the custodial parent/guardian must be located outside of the boundaries of the CCS district.
- Students who were suspended or expelled for 10 or more consecutive days during the previous school year are ineligible to apply for admission through IOE for the upcoming school year
- Columbus City School residents take top priority for placement.
- The order of placement is as follows:
- On time CCS applicants (students who reside in CCS boundaries)
- On time IOE applicants who have a parent employed by CCS
- On time returning IOE applicants
- Late CCS applicants
- Late IOE returning applicants/New IOE applicants
Most IOE Placements occur in the summer, or in August after administrators return from summer break