Change of Address Process
There are two types of address changes:
1. A move or relocation to a new home address for current CCS families that DOES NOT require a transfer to another Columbus City School. In this case, the address update can be made at the school office.
2. A move or relocation to a new home address for current CCS families that DOES require a transfer to another Columbus City School. In this case the family must follow the following steps:
How to change your address when transferring to the new school of address:
- Current CCS families must update their address and upload the necessary documents via the Annual Update in your Parent Portal*.
Necessary Documents for change of address:
Address Verification (Families must provide/upload one of the following items):
- A recent utility bill (gas, electric or water) in the parent/guardian's name. (Phone or cable bills are not acceptable).
- A current lease agreement with parent/guardian's name. Name and phone number of the landlord must be provided in order to verify the lease.
- Two most-recent employment checks with the parent/guardian's name and address.
- Most recent check stub, received from the Department of Human Services or Social Security, addressed to the parent.
- Statement from the Department of Human Services or Social Security, on letterhead, indicating the address used by the parent for receipt of checks. Even if the parent has checks delivered to a post office box, the caseworker may be able to provide verification of an address for the parent, on the agency’s letterhead.
- Statement from the Personnel Office of parent's employer, on letterhead, indicating the address used by parent for employment purposes and for submission of Internal Revenue Service (IRS) W-2 forms.
- Student Housing Questionnaire - for families displaced due to a housing crisis
- Proof of Custody/Guardianship (if other than biological/residential parent) - Custody Document - Certified copy of a judge’s order or decree or modification of such order allocating parental rights and responsibilities and designating a residential parent and legal custodian of the child (if applicable).
Additional items required if remaining in the current school:
- Address Change Form: Print and fill out completely if NOT changing schools.
- Parent Photo Identification: It’s important that we can verify the identification of those requesting a change of address and school for their child in Columbus City Schools.
Families residing with another individual NOT due to a housing crisis, should complete the Verification of Residency form and schedule an address change appointment by calling 614-365-4011. Please leave a message and someone will get back with you to schedule the appointment. You must have the individual with whom you reside attend the appointment with you. They will need their ID and a copy of their current utility bill (gas, water or electric only) or a lease/deed in his/her name for that residence.
A change of address due to a change in custody requires a new online registration and an enrollment appointment.
We are here to help
Should you require assistance or need access to a computer/scanner, please contact Central Enrollment at 614-365-4011. The prompts may be able to answer most of questions. However, if after listening to the prompts you still need assistance, please press (#) to leave a message and one of our associates willl call you back to assist or to schedule you an appointment to come into Central Enrollment to use a computer/scanner.
*If you are unable to retrieve your Parent Portal username or password, please send a request with your picture ID AND your child's name and birthday to email@example.com
If you can't find the information you're looking for, please review our Central Enrollment FAQ sheet. If you still have additional questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Central Enrollment Center at (614) 365-4011. You can also contact the FACTLine at 614-221-3228 or FACTLine@columbus.k12.oh.us