Change of Address Process
There are two type of address changes:
1. A move or relocation to a new home address for current CCS families that DOES NOT require a transfer to another Columbus City School. In this case, the address update can be made at the school office.
2. A move or relocation to a new home address for current CCS families that DOES require a transfer to another Columbus City School. In this case the family must follow the following steps:
How to change your address:
- Current CCS families are required to click here to schedule an appointment which will be at the Central Enrollment Center to update residential information if you are changing schools.
- Once you have scheduled your appointment, gather the necessary documents that are listed below to complete the Change of Address process at your scheduled appointment.
- Change of Address Form: Print and fill out completely, the bring the form to your scheduled appointment.
- Parent Photo Identification: Please be prepared to show photo identification at the time of your visit. It’s important that we can verify the identification of those requesting to enroll their child in Columbus City Schools.
- Address Verification: Families must present any one of the following items
- A recent utility bill (gas, electric or water) in the parent/guardian's name. (Phone or cable bills are not acceptable).
- A current lease agreement with parent/guardian's name. Name and phone number of the landlord must be provided in order to verify the lease.
- Two most-recent employment checks with the parent/guardian's name and address.
- Most recent check stub, received from the Department of Human Services or Social Security, addressed to the parent.
- Statement from the Department of Human Services or Social Security, on letterhead, indicating the address used by the parent for receipt of checks. Even if the parent has checks delivered to a post office box, the caseworker may be able to provide verification of an address for the parent, on the agency’s letterhead.
- Statement from the Personnel Office of parent's employer, on letterhead, indicating the address used by parent for employment purposes and for submission of Internal Revenue Service (IRS) W-2 forms.
- Change of custody forms on Franklin County Children Services (FCCS) letterhead or court documents indicating a change of custodial parent (and address). These must be filed with the Division of the Registrar prior to the child being enrolled in your school. If the child is already enrolled and will continue current assignment, the new custodial parent will need to go to the Division of the Registrar Office to file paperwork.
- Residency Affidavit
- Verification of Residency
- Proof of Custody/Guardianship (if other than biological/residential parent) - Custody Document - Certified copy of a judge’s order or decree or modification of such order allocating parental rights and responsibilities and designating a residential parent and legal custodian of the child (if applicable).
Be sure to SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT before bringing
these forms to the Central Enrollment Center.
If you can't find the information you're looking for please review our Cenral Enrollment FAQ sheet. If you still have additional questions please call Central Enrollment at (614) 365-4011, or contact the FACTLine at 614-221-3228 or FACTLine@columbus.k12.oh.us