EAGLES HELPING EAGLES
Would you like to help another Avalon family?
Bring in brand new
in children's sizes 5 to 10/12 (XS - M)
to the drop box in the lobby.
They will be distributed to Avalon students on an
AVALON SCHOOL SPIRITWEAR
Students may wear Avalon Spiritwear tops with jeans on Fridays!
Check out the Avalon School Spiritwear available by clicking on this link:
You'll find a wide array of t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats and many other items with wonderful and fun Avalon logos!
DID YOU KNOW THERE ARE TRANSLATION OPTIONS FOR:
- Avalon Eagles Newsletter - Translation is available in the upper right hand corner if you are viewing on a computer and in the lower right hand corner if you are viewing on a phone (look for the human figure/icon that represents translation).
- Class Dojo - Once you open the Class Dojo app, look at the top left and click on the circle with the drop-down arrow indicating your account. Click on the settings wheel next to your account then click the arrow to the right of 'Language' to select the language of your choosing.
- Columbus City Schools website - https://www.ccsoh.us/
Select the language of your choosing at the very top left of the page on the navy blue banner.
- Avalon Elementary school website -https://www.ccsoh.us/avalones Look at the top of the page on the right where it says 'Translate.' Click on that to select your language.
- CCS Infinite Campus Parent Portal - Click at the top right of the page on the head and shoulders figure. Go to your account and you will see 'Language' in the drop down. Select your language of choice.
ESL Dept.: 614-365-8802
Welcome back to another #TogetherWeReadCCS storytime! We’re joined by Krista Frost, a regional communications specialist in the District and former local reporter, as she reads Amigo by Carlos Zamora.
Using the Lu Interactive Playground, the session was part of professional development lessons for elementary school physical education teachers throughout the District, held at Ecole Kenwood French Immersion.
Columbus City Schools teachers are continuing to improve their teaching methods with new research-driven professional development sessions.
Columbus Board of Education Announces President and New Vice President for 2023; Officially Changes Time of Business Meetings to 6:00 p.m.
The Board voted to retain Jennifer Adair as Board president. Board member Christina Vera, in her second year on the Board, was elected to serve as Vice President.