June 22, 2022 -- It may only be June, but it's never too early to prepare for back to school. Now is the time to stock up on supplies while items are cheaper. Below is a suggested list of general school supplies families can buy for the first day. At the beginning of the school year, your child's school will provide a more detailed school supply list by grade level.
- July 27 – Woodcrest Elementary School (Year-Round Calendar)
- August 24 – Traditional School Year Calendar
Don't forget to save this year's Ohio Tax-Free Weekend date. The dates are Friday, August 5 through Sunday, August 7, 2022, at midnight. During this time, certain school supplies and clothing will be tax-free.
- An item of clothing priced at $75 or less;
- An item of school supplies priced at $20 or less; and
- An item of school instructional material priced at $20 or less
For more information regarding the sales tax holiday, please refer to the Ohio Department of Taxation's Sales Tax Holiday Frequently Asked Questions. If you have any additional questions regarding this information, don't hesitate to get in touch with the Taxation Department at 1-888-405-4039 or by e-mail.