** last updated on Wednesday, Jan. 5 at 7:00 a.m.
January 4, 2022 -- Due to a high number of staff absences, a total of eight schools will remain in or transition to remote learning on Wednesday, January 5.
The following schools will be in remote learning and will NOT hold in-person classes on Wednesday, January 5:
- Eastmoor Academy
- Fairmoor Elementary School
- Independence High School
- Linden-McKinley STEM Academy 7-12
- Sherwood Middle School
- South High School 7-12 (addition on Tuesday, Jan. 4 at 9:30 p.m.)
- Windsor STEM Academy PreK-6 (addition on Wednesday, Jan. 5 at 7:00 a.m.)
- Woodward Park Middle School and 6th Grade at Walden
Families who need a Chromebook computer can pick up a device from the school on Wednesday between 8:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
Teachers and staff at these schools are expected to report on-site for their normal work schedule. The remainder of CCS schools will be in person and operate on their normal bell schedules on Wednesday, January 5.
A total of six schools will return to in-person learning on Wednesday, January 5:
- Berwick Alternative PreK-8
- Johnson Park Middle School
- Ridgeview Middle School
- West Mound Elementary School
- Whetstone High School
- Yorktown Middle School
Due to a continued partial heating outage in the building, Valley Forge Elementary School will remain in remote learning on Wednesday, January 5. The school will NOT hold in-person classes on Wednesday.
Athletics for Wednesday, January 5
- All middle school athletic practices and games for the remote schools are canceled.
- All high school athletic practices and games will continue as planned.