- Leawood Elementary School
Area Vaccination Clinics Being Offered to Help Mitigate the Spread of COVID-19
January 11, 2022 -- Columbus City Schools continues to work tirelessly with our community partners, union leadership, Columbus Public Health, Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Ohio Department of Health, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to stop the spread of COVID-19 and keep our schools open.
We will continue to require masks in our buildings, and it is important that everyone wear a mask properly so that it covers your mouth and nose. And if you have not received the COVID vaccine or gotten your booster shot, now is the time to do so! The vaccine is safe, effective, and our best protection against the virus.
Here is updated information from our partners at Columbus Public Health:
Indoor Mask Requirement
A mask requirement is in effect in Columbus and Worthington. Everyone 3 years of age and older is required to wear a mask in indoor areas accessible to the public. People can report Columbus and Worthington organizations/businesses allowing unmasked people in by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 614-645-3111.
Free COVID-19 testing is available at healthcare providers and pharmacies throughout central Ohio. If you are sick or have been exposed to COVID-19, get tested to protect yourself, your loved ones and the community. Call 614-645-1519 or find a testing location in your area here.
Two Day Drive-Thru Vaccine Clinic
Columbus Public Health has administered 226,478 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Columbus Public Health is hosting a special two day drive-thru vaccine clinic at the Celeste Center (717 E 17th Ave.) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on January 19 and 20.
Pre-registration/pre-check-in is available for the clinic here. The pre-check-in option helps secure an arrival time, but walk-ins also will be accepted – and no one will be turned away for not using the pre-check-in option. The clinics will offer Pfizer and Moderna vaccines for 1st, 2nd and booster doses. People are encouraged to bring their ID and insurance card if they have it. No one will be turned away.
COVID Vaccines & Flu Shots Offered at Walk-in Vaccine Clinics
Columbus Public Health is offering free COVID-19 (first dose, pediatric and booster doses) and flu vaccines every week:
- Columbus Public Health, 240 Parsons Ave. – (Vax Cash available for the first dose only while supplies last.)
- Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays – 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Tuesdays – 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Thursdays – 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Linden Community Center, 1350 Briarwood Ave. – (Vax Cash available for the first dose only while supplies last.)
- Mondays – 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Abubakar Asiddiq Islamic Center, 591 Industrial Mile Rd. – (Vax Cash available for the first dose only while supplies last.)
- Tuesdays – 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- St. Stephen the Martyr Church, 4131 Clime Rd. – (Vax Cash available for the first dose only while supplies last.)
- Wednesdays – 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Westgate Community Center, 455 S. Westgate Ave. – (Vax Cash available for the first dose only while supplies last.)
- Fridays – 9 a.m.- 4 p.m.
If clinics reach daily capacity, walk-ins may no longer be accepted for that day.
A parent or guardian must be present for people under 18. Children are eligible for $100 Vax Cash at participating clinics while supplies last.
Booster Dose Eligibility Expanded
Following recommendations and guidelines from the CDC, FDA and ODH, Columbus Public Health is now offering booster doses to everyone 12 and older beginning this week. People 12 to 17 years of age are eligible to receive a booster shot five months after their initial Pfizer vaccine series, following the new guidance from the CDC. Learn more here.
Learn More About COVID-19
View the summary report at columbus.gov/coronavirus for up-to-date case and vaccinations numbers.
Please use only credible and reliable sources for information and updates on COVID-19. See the latest here: