SCHOOL COUNSELORS ARE HERE FOR YOU
The school counselors help students and families navigate the high school years. By working on academic interventions, social/emotional skills, and college and career planning we help students find their definition of success. Through one-on-one counseling, group sessions, classroom lessons, and large group meetings, we help students with the tools they need throughout high school.
MENTAL HEALTH DURING SCHOOL CLOSURES
As we live through this unprecedented time, we need to be mindful of our emotions and stress levels. Here are some tips to help you get through this temporary change in lifestyle.
- take deep breaths- breathe in slowly through the nose and exhale slowly through the mouth
- get outside when possible...but maintain social distance
- limit your media intake--this includes social media and broadcast media
- set and maintain a schedule
- stay in touch with those that mean a lot to you
If you develop feelings of self harm or suicide you can call the National Suicide Hotline at (800) 273-8255. If you are in need of medical intervention during a mental health crisis you can contact Nationwide Children's Hospital Crisis Line at (614) 722-1800. If you are over 17 you can contact Netcare at (614) 276-2273. More mental health resources are available at the bottom of this webpage.