During the recent Summer Experience, the District introduced Paper, a new 24/7 online tutoring platform for secondary students. This school year, students in grades six through 12 will benefit from additional access to high-quality, 1:1 tutoring. The partnership is part of the District’s efforts to accelerate learning, bridge academic gaps, and address learning loss in an equitable way.
“For our secondary students, our first of its kind partnership with Paper will provide virtual chat-based tutoring in multiple content areas and languages. New educational research shows the impact in-person tutoring can have on student achievement,” said Kenton Lee, Executive Director of Accelerated and Extended Learning in CCS. “We have taken the idea a step further by offering support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, not just within a normal school or workday. No matter your academic needs, work, or activity schedule, Columbus City Schools and Paper will accelerate student learning.”
Paper is available for middle and high school students in their Clever dashboard, with features including:
- Live tutors in over 200 subjects are available 24/7
- Ability to submit writing assignments for review - Essay feedback provided. Written work is reviewed and annotated by an educator to give students rapid writing feedback
- Multilingual support
- Reports/data provided for teachers on student interactions
- An easy to use App with voice to text capabilities
- Ability to collaborate with teachers and other students
- Visit paper.co to learn more about Paper's services
Parents can learn more about the platform and how it benefits students by participating in a Parent Info Session hosted by Paper.