Beechcroft Parent Involvement Policy
Beechcroft High School will involve parents in regular, two-way meaningful communication addressing student achievement and ensuring;
- That parents play an integral role in assisting their child's learning.
- That parents are encouraged to be actively involved in their child's education.
- That parents are full partners in their child's education and are included, as needed and appropriate, in decision-making and on advisory committees to assist in the education of their child.
In compliance with the Community Relations Policy of the Columbus City School Board, Beechcroft High School agrees to implement requirements to:
- Involve parents in the joint planning and development of the district's Title I plan through representation on the school's SITE Based Council Committee and participation at their meetings.
- Involve parents in the development, implementation and review of Parent-School Compacts. The compact will be signed during the first 2 weeks of school and reviewed, when necessary, on an individual basis. The compact will also be posted on the school's website.
- Involve parents in the planning and development of effective parent involvement activities through representation on the schools SITE Based Council Committee. Committee meetings will be scheduled with the needs of parents in mind.
- Build the school’s and parents' capacity for parent involvement by:
- Providing parent information on state standards, assessments, requirements of Title I, monitoring their child's progress, and working with educators. Information will be provided during an annual fall meeting, at parent/teacher conferences, in the school's newsletter, and on the school's website.
- Providing materials, resources and training to help parents work with their children to improve academic achievement. Resources will be provided in school/classroom newsletters and other teacher communications through the school Parent informational days/nights will be planned each year based on the school needs assessment and may include a Parent/Teacher Conference Night, Graduation Planning Night, etc.
- Communicating regularly with parents in clear and understandable terms. This will include opportunities for parents to participate in decision-making roles, volunteer opportunities, annual Title I meetings, school/classroom newsletters, and annual parent survey, and parent/teacher conferences. Parent/Teacher meetings will be scheduled at any time, as requested by parents and the availability of teacher/staff.
- Coordinating parent involvement activities with other initiatives, including after-school programs.
This policy was adopted by the Site Based Council and the Building Leadership Team of Beechcroft High School, Columbus City School District, on 11/17/15. The school will make this policy available to all parents, by way of the school's website.