Gables Elementary offers a wide variety of programming to support the needs, enrichment and education of all of our students.
Every Tuesday and Wednesday from 5 pm-6 pm and 6 pm-7 pm. The tutoring will start on the 20th of September until the 16th of November, but there will be NO tutoring on the 11th and 12th of October due to fall break for OSU. For the spring semester, they will start on the 17th of January and tutor until the 12th of April, but not tutor on the 14th and 15th of March due to spring break.
Zoom Link: https://osu.zoom.us/j/6481282246pwd=ODJCU0lubm5NZXlqR1Fuc0VJZW9DUT09
Zoom Meeting ID: 648 128 2246
The meeting should not require a password. If it does, the password is 828319.
Google Classroom Link & Code:
Community Based Organizations
English as a Second Language (ESL)
Gables offers ESL classes. Students in grades K-5 may receive ESL support at one of 31 elementary schools in Columbus. While each building may implement the program slightly differently, the general design is for students to participate in regular classes for the majority of the day. For a small portion of the day, usually between 30-60 minutes, LEP students are "pulled out" of their regular classes to meet with the ESL teacher for intensive language instruction and content area support.
ESL Language Assistance and Call Center
Remote Learning Information Translated
COVID-19 Information Translated
ETSS- Ethiopian Tewahedo Social Services is an outreach organization focused on the Ethiopian refugee and immigrant community.
Help individuals and families from over 50 countries and cultures in programs ranging from
- after school
- summer academic
- ESOL Classes
- job preparedness and placement
- health and mental wellness
OHIO HISPANIC COALITION COALICIÓN HISPANA DE OHIO offers bilingual and bicultural direct services aimed to best serve Latino/Hispanic community members in the Central Ohio area.
Gifted and Talented Instruction
Gables offers Gifted ELA & Math pull out classes for grades 3-5 and Reading Enrichment for grades K-2
Julie Collins teaches Gifted Math.
Theresa Troy teaches Gifted ELA.
Mr. Damicone String/ Band Website: bit.ly/ccsinstrumental
Strings Music Class
4th & 5th graders can choose to play violin, viola, or cello.
Instruments can be rented at The Loft Violin Shop.
5th graders can choose to play brass instruments.
Classes meet twice a week during the school day. Students would need to rent an instrument and practice at home. The lessons at school are free!
Travis Damicone is the Strings and Band teacher at Gables ES.
Latchkey2022-2023 Gables Latchkey program
- Offers before and aftercare for students
- Opens at 7:00 a.m. and continues until regular classes begin.
- Re-opens immediately after school until 6:00 p.m.
- A.M. Fee: $55.00 per week per child
- P.M. Fee: $60.00 per week per child
- A.M. & P.M. Fee: $75.00 per week per child
- Click Here to register
Safety Patrol for students who are in Grades 3-5. Forms are due by Sept. 30th.
For this opportunity, students need:
- Need to be at least in 3rd grade
- Able to walk home from school or be picked up by a parent no later than 3:45 pm
- Must have good attendance
- Be at school 15 minutes before school starts (8:30 am) and stay 15 minutes after school has been released.
Click here for more information.
The Columbus City Schools Office of Special Education is dedicated to providing academic and behavioral support to students with disabilities to enable them to achieve academic excellence, acquire independent life skills, and be prepared for work or post-secondary education as they transition to adult life.
Gables offers special education in high incidence (K-4) and Emotional disturbance (K-5).
The Parent Mentors Office provides the following services for you and your family: Special Education / Parent Mentor Program (ccsoh.us)
- Describe special education programs (preschool, school age and transition into adult life) offered by Columbus City Schools.
- Explain the Individual Education Program (IEP) process and the parents role in the development of the IEP, as well as attending meetings with parents until they are familiar with the process.
- Organize and conduct workshops, and support groups for parents and professionals.
Jessica Ortiz: Google Classroom code: toj2ndu
Paul Smith: Google Classroom code: i7maad3
Student Clubs & Organizations