Help us to better serve you by clicking on the link below to take the CCS Food Service Survey.
For Students- Food Services Student Survey
For Parents/Guardians- Food Services Parent Survey
School Menu Restrictions Currently in Place:
Schools with Pre-K through 6 and K-8
· Nut products, seafood, and pork are not offered.
Middle Schools and Buildings with Grades 6-12 or 7-12
· Seafood and pork are not offered.Columbus City Schools follow the MyPlate dietary guidelines for student meal planning.Eat a fruit or vegetable at every meal. Make healthy food choices!For more information on the MyPlate guidelines, click this link:Columbus City Schools provide over 63,000 school mealsper day. More information about school meals can be found byclicking the link below.Would a teacher like to have a taste testing session for students?To download a request form, click on this link: Taste Testing Request FormWondering if a food or beverage sold to students during school meets the USDA Smart Snack in School Nutrition Standards? Click on the followinglink to evaluate it:For updates and information, follow Columbus City Schools on Twitter and Instagram @CCS_Food.This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Special Diet Order Form
What's Cooking? USDA Mixing Bowl
An interactive recipe tool from the United States Department of Agriculture at What'sCooking.gov is available to use. Using this website, you can search for household recipes based on nutrition themes such as:
- eat more fruits and vegetables
- eat more whole grains
- go lean with protein
- switch to fat-free or low fat dairy
- reduce sodium
- get more calcium
- eat fewer empty calories
- eat less saturated fats, trans fats, and cholesterol
In addition, there are recipes that require no cooking or cooking by microwave, stove top or an oven. Other features include recipe cost per serving, nutrition information, and cookbooks.
Look up a menu item by meal service for its nutritional content and USDA food component(s).