Columbus City Schools' top priority is ensuring the health and safety of everyone in our schools and administrative buildings. The District is taking the utmost precaution in COVID-19 mitigation protocols, following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Protection (CDC), Ohio Department of Health (ODH), American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), and the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT).
- COVID-19 Vaccine: We continue to encourage everyone ages 5 years old or older to take the COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine is widely available throughout our community and the Pfizer version is fully approved by the CDC.
- Masking: Masks are optional for all students, staff, and visitors in CCS buildings and on school buses as of Tuesday, March 8, 2022. Masking recommendations may change based on COVID-19 Community Levels as provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Immunizations: The State of Ohio has requirements for school immunizations. Get more information here.
- Isolation Guidance – CCS will continue to follow the Ohio Department of Health’s COVID-19 isolation guidance. Parents should promptly report positive student cases to the student’s school.
- Exposure Guidance: When a member of the CCS community is in close contact with a positive COVID-19 case, CCS will recommend that contacts follow the Ohio Department of Health’s exposure guidance.
- COVID Dashboard: The District is transparent in reporting COVID-19 cases. View our CATS Dashboard here.