Columbus City Schools' top prority is ensuring the health and safety of everyone in our schools and administrative buildings. The District is taking the utmost precaution in COVID-19 mitigitation protocols, following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Protection (CDC), Ohio Department of Health (ODH), American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), and the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT).
- COVID-19 Vaccine: We continue to encourage everyone ages 12 years old or older to take the COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine is widely available throughout our community and the Pfizer version is fully approved by the CDC.
- Masking: The District will require all students, staff, and visitors to wear masks regardless of vaccination status inside buildings and on school buses for the start of the 2021-2022 school year based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), recommendations from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and the Ohio Department of Health (ODH), and in consultation with Columbus Public Health (CPH).
- Immunizations: The State of Ohio has requirements for school immunizations. Get more information here.
- Quarantine Guidance: As part of the district’s Health and Safety Guidelines, CCS utilizes Ohio Department of Health quarantine guidelines that include specific details on who needs to quarantine after exposure to a positive COVID-19 case and who doesn’t need to quarantine after exposure. Get all of these details in our guidance below or by clicking here.
- COVID Dashboard: The District is transparent in reporting COVID-19 cases. View our CATS Dashboard here.