2023-2024 Pre-K Enrollment
The Online Registration will open at 8:00 a.m. on February 1, 2023 with the first appointments taking place on April 3, 2023. Columbus City Schools is offering our Pre-K program tuition free for the 2023-2024 school year.
If you have any questions, please contact 380-997-5192 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check the enrollment page of the district website for documents needed to enroll.
Families who need to enroll must complete the Online Registration and schedule an enrollment appointment. If you have registration and appointment questions, please contact our Central Enrollment Center. Parents and legal guardians can complete the SpeedyPass Online registration form located here.
IMPORTANT ENROLLMENT INFORMATION: The Early Childhood Education Program will adhere to the federal title fund guidelines for priority Pre-K enrollment for students/families who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Foster care youth
- Families who receive SNAP benefits (food stamps)
- Families who are in temporary housing (homeless)
- English-language learners
Federal title fund guidelines also include priority enrollment for students who meet both factors:
- Students with challenges in literacy and language (information is collected through an online parent survey)
- Students with challenges in social and emotional behavior (information is collected through an online parent survey)
Pre-K is open to ALL qualifying students, not just those who meet criteria for priority enrollment. Families who do not meet these criteria will be placed on a waiting list and if space is available, will be notified via email on or after July 6, 2023.
Parent/legal guardian will complete the online registration and meet with the Enrollment Specialist. Once enrollment paperwork has been submitted and the appointment has been held, the parent/guardian will go into the Parent Portal to make their school selection and place their child on up to three (3) waiting lists. If an offer is made, the parent/guardian will have 48 hours to accept or decline it in the parent portal. If the parent/guardian does not respond to the offer, it will automatically be declined.
Pre-K students must be potty trained and 4 years old by September 30th. If your child will be 5 years old by September 30th, he/she is not eligible for Pre-K but is eligible for Kindergarten.
PLEASE READ: Pre-K students enrolled in lottery schools (Columbus Spanish Immersion, Columbus Africentric, Duxberry Park, Ecole Kenwood and Oakland Park) for 2023-2024, will need to participate in the lottery process for Kindergarten enrollment for 2024-2025. There is no priority enrollment for Kindergarten.
Because the need for ECE is so great, students who live outside the Columbus City School District will not be considered for enrollment.
For more information about enrollment, please contact 380-997-5192 or email email@example.com.
Steps to Complete Enrollment:
1. Gather enrollment documents.
2. Fill out Speedy Pass online registration.
3. Upload enrollment documents.
4. Set an appointment to meet with the Enrollment Specialist.
5. Complete enrollment meeting.
6. After the meeting, go to the Parent Portal.
7. Complete the Pre-K Application and make school selection.
8. You will be notified of an offer or waitlist number.
You can also view the Pre-K Enrollment Checklist for more detailed step by step information.