COVID TESTS THROUGH YOUR PHARMACY BENEFIT
As of January 15, you can get COVID-19 tests (Rapid Antigen) for free at your local pharmacy. (PCR tests must still be requested by a Doctor/Nurse Practitioner in order to be covered.)
How to get free at-home COVID-19 tests
You can use your Express Scripts® pharmacy benefit to obtain up to eight (8) tests per month for a $0 copay. (Important note: the maximum reimbursement for each test is $12. Many COVID-19 tests are sold as a two-pack, so that means the test pack would be reimbursed at $24.)
- Visit a participating pharmacy and select a COVID-19 at-home test.
- Bring your test to the pharmacy counter (not the general check-out register) and present your prescription benefit card to the pharmacist. The pharmacist will process the test for a $0 copay.
About BinaxNOW At-Home Rapid Test Kits
The BinaxNOW Test is a 15-minute rapid antigen test used to detect an active COVID-19 infection. The test was developed by Abbott Laboratories and approved for use by the U.S. Federal Drug Administration (FDA). The self-tests are provided for easy at-home use with a computer, tablet, or smartphone with video capabilities. Click here to access the BinaxNOW Self-Test Walkthrough Video.
The free, convenient testing option will be available for any employees identified as a close contact:
- Individuals directly exposed to COVID-19 at school;
- Individuals identified as a close contact due to a household member being exposed to COVID-19; or
- Symptomatic individuals showing signs of illness consistent with COVID-19